Multiple generators in circuit?

BiotechFusion

If I have multiple generators in parallel, is their synchronization important for powering a device if they have a relatively smooth current? What if they are in a series?

Hmm... are you talking about AC generators or DC generators: if you are talking about DC generators, what do you mean by the term 'synchronization'; if you are talking about AC generators, what do you mean by the term 'smooth current'?

Also, are you talking about current-source or voltage-source generators? I mean, why are you mentioning 'smooth current' instead of 'smooth voltage'?

Do you at all understand why am I 'bullshitting' with these questions? These are important, imo.

If I have multiple generators in parallel, is their synchronization important for powering a device if they have a relatively smooth current? What if they are in a series?

That would need more information about the generators, yes. Combining several generators can be difficult.

In single and three-phase AC, synchronization is vital, both in frequency and in phase, in series connection too (when possible).

In DC and AC, if the generators give roughly a constant voltage, this voltage must match accurately, or you get worries.

Often, generators and loads are meant for some standard voltage, so series connection is seldom possible.

About fault tolerance: it depends on the expected or more probable failure mode. Many parts, including apparatuses with windings, fail as a short-circuit rather than an open circuit. But anyway, with big apparatuses, you must take corrective actions in the circuit if one fails. You can't leave a short-circuited transformer or alternator in operation nor in the circuit.

Do you at all understand why am I 'bullshitting' with these questions? These are important, imo.

Ok well if you're here to have a toxic attitude then there's no point answering your questions, so when you're ready to be act in a civilized manner again, we can talk.

That would need more information about the generators, yes. Combining several generators can be difficult.

In single and three-phase AC, synchronization is vital, both in frequency and in phase, in series connection too (when possible).

In DC and AC, if the generators give roughly a constant voltage, this voltage must match accurately, or you get worries.

Often, generators and loads are meant for some standard voltage, so series connection is seldom possible.

About fault tolerance: it depends on the expected or more probable failure mode. Many parts, including apparatuses with windings, fail as a short-circuit rather than an open circuit. But anyway, with big apparatuses, you must take corrective actions in the circuit if one fails. You can't leave a short-circuited transformer or alternator in operation nor in the circuit.

Alright then thanks, so parallel is better than series for the most part because it's easier to control each generator, that's a start. Also, from what I've been told, there are no actual "DC" generators that don't require rectifying on their own, there has to be some component that folds the waveform even if that component is an additional part of the generator itself if not within the rest of the circuit, so just assume that it's going to start AC without any additional parts.

Ok so the voltages should match or some of the energy from one generator would go into another, so make sure they match. For that to happen, it seems voltage is mostly dependent on the design. Does voltage depend at all on the angular frequency of the rotor or is that only the current that varies with frequency?

Edited by BiotechFusion

Danijel Gorupec's question were absolutely sensible and important. BiotechFusion, if you can't give consideration to suggestions when they don't fit your way of thinking, you won't be able to progess neither. Being kind with other people would also be a requisite to get help.

Good luck!