Advice needed for Masters degree

kms97

Hi,

One of my relative is graduating from bachelors degree in IT and has applied for masters course in the US. He received an offer from University of Pennsylvania which is a one year program called Masters in computer graphics and game technology. We are not sure if that program is good compared to other programs considering it's a one year course. His other applications are two years masters degree.

Accepted:
Awaiting admit:

Can someone please advise us if the one year course is good considering job aspects and learning outcomes compared to other programs mentioned above.

Thanks

As long as the program and the school are accredited, then what really matters is what he plans to do after school. Look at the classes that are part of the program and see if that meshes with what he wants to be doing later. The UP one sounds like it mostly focuses on game design/development, which is fine, but that market is flooded here in the States. Everybody wants to be a rock star has turned into everybody wants to be a game designer for the most part.

If he wants a broader, more marketable, base in terms of job placement, I would go with one of the more traditional two year programs that focuses more on computer science. Long term, I think it would serve him better.

Again, that's just my opinion.

• 1 year later...

Hey kms97, I need a huge favour, may I kindly know your portfolio submitted for an admit to UPenn for CGGT course?

Im an aspirant to get into UPenn for CGGT, would like to know what to do during my undergrad to make the perfect portfolio. Please do kindly help :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm no expert, but UPenn is Ivy League, the others arent? Ivy League looks better on the resume. Even if the 1 year curriculum covers less, you can always do a second masters and you got your foot in the door of a top-notch school.

Edited by 3blake7