Request .. rotation issues! !

Hi there ... I have some issues in rotating a picture ...... the problem is I take picture frm my cellphone which are straight. However whenever I attach them on this forum thy automatically (magically I musy say ) gey 90º rotated ..... if someone would be kind enough to tell me how do I rotate the photo once attached .. the option/button is what im asking for..... thankyouu!

It's likely that you took the picture in the wrong orientation to start with. Put it in a picture editor and turn it with the rotate function. Your phone has the ability to rotate the screen/picture, depending on which way you hold it.as you view it, making you think it's already in the desired orientation.

Edited by StringJunky

No string junky by this time im convinced its not my cellphone giving me rotated pictures. My guess this forum somehow rotates my images 90º right evertime.. why am I sayinh this because I took a picture which was straight intially posted it RESULT 90ºRIGHT WARDS ROTATION on the forum .

Next I took exact same picture rotated it 90ºleft in my cellphone and then added it here it rotated 90ºrightwards again..... then I literally made it rotate upside down (im using the exact same picture in all 3 cases) then added it to the forum RESULT 90ºRIGHTWARDS ROTATION . See I deliberately called it MAGIC when I started the thread.....

This is so annoying:'( I find an amazing forum after ages where ppl actually help you with ur questions and then this rotation shit happens :'( plz ppl I desperately need help..

Edited by Niha afzal

No string junky by this time im convinced its not my cellphone giving me rotated pictures. My guess this forum somehow rotates my images 90º right evertime.. why am I sayinh this because I took a picture which was straight intially posted it RESULT 90ºRIGHT WARDS ROTATION on the forum .

Next I took exact same picture rotated it 90ºleft in my cellphone and then added it here it rotated 90ºrightwards again..... then I literally made it rotate upside down (im using the exact same picture in all 3 cases) then added it to the forum RESULT 90ºRIGHTWARDS ROTATION . See I deliberately called it MAGIC when I started the thread.....

This is so annoying:'( I find an amazing forum after ages where ppl actually help you with ur questions and then this rotation shit happens :'( plz ppl I desperately need help..

Can you post a picture? It doesn't have to be that one, but another done the same way.

It's OK I remembered you already posted one.

In future, try turning off the auto-rotate correction feature in you phone before taking a picture. You will also be able to fit the whole page in the frame.

Edited by StringJunky

I'll have a play with mine. You'll probably notice me messing with this post.

Test 1 - default - rotation on - picture taken pointing down

post-14463-0-10321600-1459045002_thumb.jpg

Test 2 default - rotation on - picture taken attached to a vertical surface.

post-14463-0-29480000-1459045768_thumb.jpg

Test 3 - Web picture - portrait view

post-14463-0-26490000-1459046016_thumb.jpg

Test 4 As test 1 but resized to 500pix and re-orientated in an editor

post-14463-0-32837500-1459047403_thumb.jpg

It seems a phone doesn't alter the EXIF data of the image in camera. It has to be done with an external editor. I uploaded it to my laptop first then edited it I then uploaded from my laptop to SFN.

I use Fastone Image Viewer... light and simple. In FIViewer, double click the image and push your cursor into the left side of your screen - a menu will pop. Menus are available on left/right/top of screen

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDownload.htm

Are you doing it all from your phone, including uploading to SFN?

If you have a photo editor in your phone, try altering to Portrait View and save it.

Rotated photo in my phone camera editor:

post-14463-0-76588100-1459049507_thumb.jpg:

Yes. You need to orientate it in an editor in camera or a laptop before uploading to SFN

Edited by StringJunky