IoT and ERP

Shery

i want to create my FYP Projects.

Integration of IoT and OpenERP over Inventory Management.”

in this we do. a building has many rooms and many inventories. so to keep them at their place and time to time get updated with their place we use to place some kind of tags(chips) and placed a Tag reader at the door of room.

so when ever inventories move to any room the reader use to take updates and placed them into the ERP Software.

The things i want to know that what kind of technology does i use to track the inventories and how to update it.

1-Bluetooth

2-RFID

or other..??

What is your cost per unit aim?

What are your walls made from?

How big are your rooms?

Do your want tracking within a room?

Then consider how these questions related to the technologies. What are their ranges, what blocks then, how much do they cost?

well this is my final year project. so not want to make a such amount of project. i just have to deliver or Demonstrate to my faculty that this thing i have made and it can also be implemented on large scale for offices or companies.

so there for i need help to select the technology.

the problem with the RFID technology is that the RFID reader for 40 yards is much expensive.

You could use wifi. Each inventory connects to the wifi in the room automatically therefore telling you which room the inventory is in or if it has left the building. http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/WiFi-Serial-Transceiver-Module-w-ESP8266-p-1994.html

In order to run them on an inventory though you will need them battery powered. In order to run them on a battery you need

1. female usb

2. 5 volt voltage regulator

3. battery clip

4. Some wire.

As far as the resistors and capacitors go they are completely optional.

Edited by fiveworlds

40 yards is a wide doorway. Hence my questions.

You first need to carefully define your problem.

40 yards was just the estimate not confirmed.

assume a building floor 120sqr yards and has 4 rooms so i want to mange all the inventories in it. i want to place some kind of tags and use a reader to detect them i hope u understand now.

You could use wifi. Each inventory connects to the wifi in the room automatically therefore telling you which room the inventory is in or if it has left the building. http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/WiFi-Serial-Transceiver-Module-w-ESP8266-p-1994.html

In order to run them on an inventory though you will need them battery powered. In order to run them on a battery you need

1. female usb

2. 5 volt voltage regulator

3. battery clip

4. Some wire.

As far as the resistors and capacitors go they are completely optional.

i've read about it that. it take 3.3V so normal size battery cell can be use.

but do you think that it can be coonected to a software.

does it has its own mac mac-address..??

i've read about it that. it take 3.3V so normal size battery cell can be use.

You're right having looked up the documentation http://rancidbacon.com/files/kiwicon8/ESP8266_WiFi_Module_Quick_Start_Guide_v_1.0.4.pdf it seems to be using 3.3V but that's okay just get a 3.3V voltage regulator.

does it has its own mac mac-address..??

According to http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3587 it does I don't own one myself though.

but do you think that it can be coonected to a software.

Of course all you need it to do is connect to the nearest wireless router. Then a computer can see what is listed on the network.

You're right having looked up the documentation http://rancidbacon.com/files/kiwicon8/ESP8266_WiFi_Module_Quick_Start_Guide_v_1.0.4.pdf it seems to be using 3.3V but that's okay just get a 3.3V voltage regulator.

According to http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3587 it does I don't own one myself though.

Of course all you need it to do is connect to the nearest wireless router. Then a computer can see what is listed on the network.

thnx for that.

can u further help me how to get the location.

Suppose 2 rooms have 2 different router. a inventory have ESP8266 in it. and connected to router. but how should i detect that the inventory in room 1 has been shifted to room 2.

Suppose 2 rooms have 2 different router. a inventory have ESP8266 in it. and connected to router. but how should i detect that the inventory in room 1 has been shifted to room 2.

Well the ESP8266 should be configured to connect to the nearest wifi router so if it is in room 2 it should be connected to the router in room 2. Then to get the data from the router you need to lookup the router's dhcp assignment table which will tell you the mac address and hostname. It is possible to login to some routers in php etc to pass this data into mysql. This video shows you how to do that but depending on how the router was configured it may or may not be possible. What I found was a problem in mine is that my router uses relative urls ../ to javascript files so I had to edit the url using php and put in the router's url.

Edited by fiveworlds

can any body tell me..
asume there are two wifi router..on the same network.. i've connected ESP8266 connected to 1st router after i moved the chip to other room and it come uuder the range of 2nd router.. so thus the esp8266 does automatically connect it self aur i have to re-configure again manually..??
plz help me..