Interaction, Interventions, Accidents, Coincidence . There appear to have been Notable events throughout History . Are we going through one NOW ?

Mike Smith Cosmos

I've read the book. I have a copy. I have a few of his books.

I still don't understand what coincidence you are talking about, or how his investigations relate to it. Will you clarify.

Here is a ( history in a nutshell , ) scan . From the start in ( UR of the Middle East ) Sumarians , through Seafarers, Egypt , Persians, Greeks, Romans , Dark Ages, SeaFareing Nations, U.K.USA and ALL.

Coincidentally we have ended up , Back in the Middle East . ( Fighting ) !

post-33514-0-02382100-1485006597_thumb.jpeg

Note the reflections at the bottom of the picture . ( perfect coincidental reflection . ) Note also the blank black area immediately following Decline of the Roman Empire. The Dark Ages fell upon Civilisation . We could have felt then it was an end of Civilisation . However there was much more to come , as we have seen. I am suggesting this really is , or could be ..........? The Impending End to (Civilisation -as we know it ).

We never learn ' If we don't' like something / somebody - We go and bray the living day lights out of it / them . ' ( there is another way .as member DrP mentioned in post # 99, on previous page of this ' thread' ).

Mike

Ps . No (-1) please . This is the Lounge.

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

Or, perhaps more likely, the end of civilisation will occur because N. Korea fires a nuke on Japan. Or perhaps the USA will pull out of NATO and Russia will take that as permission to roll the tanks into Europe. Or ...

Basically, you are inventing an "end of the world" scenario (that is not likely) and then saying: "see, coincidence".

Ps . No (-1) please . This is the Lounge.

You are still expected to make sense.

Or, perhaps more likely, the end of civilisation will occur because N. Korea fires a nuke on Japan. Or perhaps the USA will pull out of NATO and Russia will take that as permission to roll the tanks into Europe. Or ...

Basically, you are inventing an "end of the world" scenario (that is not likely) and then saying: "see, coincidence".

You are still expected to make sense.

O.k. Then forget " the end of civilisation as we know it " .

It seems an extra ordinary coincidental Time , that civilisation seems to have BEGUN on the mid ground running from the HELLESPONT /CONSTANTINOPLE / ISTANBUL in the west to the CASPIAN SEA on the east ( including SYRIA) . As well as the YEMEN on the south , to Way up near to AZERBAIJAN/ ARMENIA/ UPPER IRAN in the North. And we appear to have gone full circle , spreading in every direction across the Globe . Now , here we are returning to the seat of where civilisation started to

The present time , " when all sorts of people are beating the living day lights out of the inhabitants of this whole region , one way or another ( including all the indescribably precious Historic artefacts of this Early Historic Time ) like they did to the library at ALEXANDRIA mid way through historic times .

Surely this must be indicative of ' something ' . Especially as many ethnic people beleive in some form of a Return .

post-33514-0-62094500-1485042728_thumb.jpg

Mike

.Surely this must be indicative of ' something ' . Especially as many ethnic people beleive in some form of a Return .

Many people believe in astrology.

Many people believe UFOs are alien spacecraft.

Many people believe in homeopathic medicine.

Many people believe that they "have theory".

Many people believe in ghosts.

This is indicative that many people have shit for brains.

Many people believe in astrology.

Many people believe UFOs are alien spacecraft.

Many people believe in homeopathic medicine.

Many people believe that they "have theory".

Many people believe in ghosts.

This is indicative that many people have shit for brains.

Although it is possible to feel belief in a God is not popular . Statistics show that still 75% of the world population profess to believe in the existence of a God .

See :- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

I must admit I was a little surprised at that statistic . Maybe people are taking the safe bet .! Although there appear to be large differences in statistics found for different regions of the world . Even at its worst it still ends up as 50% beleive in a God .

So 50. % of the human race , are eligible to think about it , and ( could ) believe in some form of intervention from a higher power . Namely God . ( as in ' God help us ' )

Mike

They believe in a god because they are taught to by people they know and love and trust and even forced to in some cases. when you really quiz them about it their faith is nominal in a lot of cases... Here in the UK 'most' people put CofE down on questionnaires and forms as their religion, but don't actually believe at all. Some don't class themselves as atheists because of the stigma it used to have... i.e. a godless barbarian with no morals... this view of atheism has, thankfully, changed a lot over the last few decades and now, most people I know claim to be atheistic and humanitarian with it. It seems to have chucked off it's association with barbarism. I still think that the world is in a transitionary state towards complete sectarianism. It will take some time as people hold dear to their religious beliefs out of fear, delusion, love for their families, plain spite or whatever other personal reasons they have - as I said - some don't get a choice at all.

I must admit I was a little surprised at that statistic . Maybe people are taking the safe bet .! Although there appear to be large differences in statistics found for different regions of the world . Even at its worst it still ends up as 50% beleive in a God .

So 50. % of the human race , are eligible to think about it , and ( could ) believe in some form of intervention from a higher power . Namely God . ( as in ' God help us ' )

So many unjustified assumptions:

1. You are assuming that the existence of a god is the same as the existence of an after-life.

2. You are assuming that any god would be interested in humans.

3. You are assuming that any god would do more than create the universe, but would continue to be involved in it.

4. You appear to be assuming that this is how believers would also think.

So many unjustified assumptions:

1. You are assuming that the existence of a god is the same as the existence of an after-life.

2. You are assuming that any god would be interested in humans.

3. You are assuming that any god would do more than create the universe, but would continue to be involved in it.

4. You appear to be assuming that this is how believers would also think.

I think that is fairly standard stuff. If one gets far enough as to think that there must have been some very clever footwork, for

( a) the starry universe to have been made by some really clued up intelligent very ,very higher life forms . Then the step to

( b ) a very complex life form ( US ) with brains as clever as computers , if not cleverer. Would be within their capability to seed the earth , by one means or other. Both for a life as we know it as well as a resurrected life if we are unfortunate enough to die . ( which we do ' at the moment ' )

2,3,4 You are assuming that any god would be interested in humans.

4. You appear to be assuming that this is how believers would also think

Yes I think if ' they went to that extent , ' I am sure they would be interested and follow developments .

I think the 'misused free will ' of Humans , has a lot to do with its deterioration .

As regards ' believers' . I am sure a lot of people have a lot of different ideas . It's a pity we find it so awkward talking about it nowerdays . Maybe people are embarrassed .think it makes them look soft . No such thing , it is probably one of the most important ' issues ' of our time. As long as we can talk without gunning each other down ! ( symbolically and literally )

Mike

Ps there are a few indicators , that now is the time for a change over !

So, we are agreed. You have made a bunch of assumptions that have little or no justification.

That might be a trifle blunt !

Most things even in hard core science have ' assumptions at their core. '

It surely means ' we are aware of the assumptions at all times '

We can therefor proceed cautiously , like a child of a parent . Aware they have a parent at home , even though they are away at university ' out of sight ' .

The question then remaining " what is the mind or attitude" of the parent that I as a student should honour , my remote parent .

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to me to be a DANGEROUS path to tread . Namely to dismiss and /or Refuse any chance of some higher authority above humankind .

Especially at this time , when 3/4 of the world population if not more , seem to be coincidentally focusing on :-

. " who is to govern who " , across various stretches of the world's surface .

. Let alone any other territory beyond Earth .

Mike

• 2 months later...

- . 59 MISSILE STRIKES ON SYRIA . - Today .

Are we seeing the early stages of World War 3 ? Or have we already been in the Early stages of World War 3 since this whole Middle East conflict started some time ago ?

And is this part of the Coincidences , being the theme of this thread ?

post-33514-0-12350800-1491551908_thumb.jpeg

Mike

A coincidence means two or more things happening at the same time. So what else happened?

The world appears to be at the end of a several thousand year expansion of Humankind on Earth from a start in the SAME Area of the world .

CIVILISATION having originated its growth and expansion from this self same area of the world those thousands of years ago . Hense the Coincidence !

What this means to individuals , is how individuals consider these matters .

Mike

The world appears to be at the end of a several thousand year expansion of Humankind on Earth

I disagree - we are at the START of a new era - we have only been able to communicate with everyone on the planet simultaniously over the past few decades. Of course there is going to be unrest and squabbles as the world opens it's eyes to reality and throws off its superstitious past. People think it is the end of the world.... hopefully it is for these backward superstitions that have held the world back for hundreds of years. Time to move on. Expansion from here to the stars over the next few thousand years. Interesting transitional period imo.

The world appears to be at the end of a several thousand year expansion of Humankind on Earth from a start in the SAME Area of the world .

The world is a big place. Some local wars are not going to cause the end of humanity. (Global warming is a much more significant danger.)

The world is a big place. Some local wars are not going to cause the end of humanity. (Global warming is a much more significant danger.)

True, global warming is an issue .

But the stock piling of weapons of mass destruction amongst many nations of the world , in an effort to feel secure , is a delicate balance.

Any escalation of a lack of trust , could soon tip the world powers into an horrific cataclysm , the like of which has not been seen before ,

' of human Origen ' . The current views from around the world are bad enough . But a ' free for all ' would be trulely ...

..beyond imagination !

Another coincidence is :- that this is comming when the world's population , is getting to full capacity .

Mike

But the stock piling of weapons of mass destruction amongst many nations of the world , in an effort to feel secure , is a delicate balance.

The countries with weapons of mass destruction are not, in general, in the Middle East.

Another coincidence is :- that this is comming when the world's population , is getting to full capacity .

So there's the good news. The birth rate has already started falling, the population is about to peak and will soon start falling.

The world is getting healthier, poverty is being reduced, there are more people in education, etc. (which is why the birth rate is falling).

Mike, I have read your posts with interest and wish to compliment you on their inherent sincerity. I have the impression you have thought about these factors long and hard before reaching your tentative conclusions. Unfortunately, I found the grounds for those conclusions to be rather weak. Other posters have pointed out several of those weaknesses, but one seems to have been missed.

You repeatedly assert that civilisation began in the Middle East and spread out from there. I think the Chinese and Indus Valley civilisations call that into serious question. While the absolute dates may give the ME precedence, I am not aware that those two civilisations, following immediately behind, arose as a consequence of progress between the Tigris and the Euphrates.

At the other end of the axis of coincidence that you postulate we find, not only the ME, but the tensions generated in the Far East by North Korea; the potential for serious conflict in the next three decades between the US and China; the multiple flashpoints within sub-Saharan Africa. Focusing on a half century of disagreements centered on the ME seems to be more a matter of the parochial than the coincidental.

I would suggest that if true AI is developed, we will pretty soon find that we don't really want it. After all how can we call anything truly intelligent until it turns around and says "F*ck that. That's boring. I'm going to do this instead."

• 1 month later...

Mike, I have read your posts with interest and wish to compliment you on their inherent sincerity. I have the impression you have thought about these factors long and hard before reaching your tentative conclusions. Unfortunately, I found the grounds for those conclusions to be rather weak. Other posters have pointed out several of those weaknesses, but one seems to have been missed.

You repeatedly assert that civilisation began in the Middle East and spread out from there. I think the Chinese and Indus Valley civilisations call that into serious question. While the absolute dates may give the ME precedence, I am not aware that those two civilisations, following immediately behind, arose as a consequence of progress between the Tigris and the Euphrates.

At the other end of the axis of coincidence that you postulate we find, not only the ME, but the tensions generated in the Far East by North Korea; the potential for serious conflict in the next three decades between the US and China; the multiple flashpoints within sub-Saharan Africa. Focusing on a half century of disagreements centered on the ME seems to be more a matter of the parochial than the coincidental.

I am not suggesting that only the Middle East remained the main civilisation .

I am suggesting the archiology seems to support the idea that the Mesopotamian region became a ' Hub ' of the very early development of Civilisation as we came to know it . The other civilisations springing up by exploration out from that area.

My coincidence proposed is that the threat of the ' possible end ' of civilisation has again been spawned in this ' self same region ' . What with the IRAN , IRAC , ISIS ,

This coincidental in location to ' the ' beginning ' of civilisation ' in the near same region of the world ,

as it now threatens to be the catalyst to ' the ' end ' of civilisation '.

What shape that ' end ' turns out to be , remains to be seen ?

Mike

post-33514-0-84308700-1494879738_thumb.jpeg

Note the pictorial illustration of civilisation starting on the left hand side , growing stage by stage up to the Anglo American civilisation illustrated at the top. This is no indication of other civilisations that have risen in consort with these , but as a rule the ones illustrated HIGHLIGHT the main civilisations over history !

Note the early seafaring nations, the Egyptian Pyramids, Greeks , Roman , Further Sea trading nations , . U.k,. American , to highlight a few !

My coincidence proposed is that the threat of the ' possible end ' of civilisation has again been spawned in this ' self same region ' . What with the IRAN , IRAC , ISIS ,

I don't see how a few psychotic, murdering gangs could be the end of civilisation.

I would be more worried about N Korea.

I don't see how a few psychotic, murdering gangs could be the end of civilisation.

I would be more worried about N Korea.

Quite so.

But just as the start of civilisation in this general region ( as in fact was Polepo and Mosul in ancient times) was part of this early civilisation , before its historic sites were knocked in pieces recently . Civilisation, ,Later became far more widespread , even worldwide .

So too now it will not take much for this current destruction to spread across Korea , China , America ,Russia .uk. If it gets out of hand , which 'God Help Us ' does not. But it has all the potential with the record of the First World War and the Second World War . Both these started in much a similar way to our current situation . So much as nobody wants it , these circumstances have a recent history of the last 100 years , of escalating into a Nuclear Holocaust .

Korea - China - America - Russia , United Kingdom , United Nations , Etc ..... ' God Help Us '

Here is the coincidence we can do without , but who is going to stop it . The Almighty Himself ?

Mike

Terrible as these things are, they are not new. Either in our lifetimes, nor in history.

Mike, you are at least as old as me and so you must have lived through bombings and killings by various Irish groups, the Red Brigade, the Baader-Meinhof gang, Red Army Faction, various People's Liberation Fronts (and Fronts for the Liberation of various Peoples) and so on and so on. Sadly these things have always, and will always, happen. There is nothing to indicate that things are worse now, or that we are approaching Armegeddon.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Yes,! but things are very precarious at the moment , and people from many ' walks of life ' are very ' trigger happy ' , not to mention ' the Internet World Wide Web , is currently being tampered with ?

All this points to a Highly Volatile situation , does it not ?

Mike