Interaction, Interventions, Accidents, Coincidence . There appear to have been Notable events throughout History . Are we going through one NOW ?

Mike Smith Cosmos

the refugees have found the borders locked.

What would be the picture if Heathrow was locked for, lets say 2 days? Wouldn't that provoke a terrible mess?

I showed these images from Google to my wife 10 minutes ago.

Her reaction was " it just looks like something of ' Biblical proportions ' ! "

I do not suppose she is the only one to have thought this , is she ?

Some have wondered. " is this part of ' Armageddon ' ? *

Mike

* ref link :- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armageddon

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

Mike

Attack at the centre of Europe . Brussels. Bombed. Airport and Railway station

post-33514-0-21198400-1458639292_thumb.jpg

Mike

Terrible as these things are, they are not new. Either in our lifetimes, nor in history.

Mike, you are at least as old as me and so you must have lived through bombings and killings by various Irish groups, the Red Brigade, the Baader-Meinhof gang, Red Army Faction, various People's Liberation Fronts (and Fronts for the Liberation of various Peoples) and so on and so on. Sadly these things have always, and will always, happen. There is nothing to indicate that things are worse now, or that we are approaching Armegeddon.

Mike

People have been killing each other well before the bible and Christianity. Despite what the tabloids suggest, war and violence has declined considerably in modern times; if you'd any idea of history the you would know the death tolls from the war in Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria are a lot less than previous wars. Here is a discussion:

http://www.npr.org/2011/12/07/143285836/war-and-violence-on-the-decline-in-modern-times

Why does there need to be unrealistic and unlikely explanations such as Armageddon? Just pick up a military history textbook for or google the death tolls for previous wars.

Edited by Sirona

People have been killing each other well before the bible and Christianity. Despite what the tabloids suggest, war and violence has declined considerably in modern times; if you'd any idea of history the you would know the death tolls from the war in Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria are a lot less than previous wars. Here is a discussion:

http://www.npr.org/2011/12/07/143285836/war-and-violence-on-the-decline-in-modern-times

Why does there need to be unrealistic and unlikely explanations such as Armageddon? Just pick up a military history textbook for Pete's sake or google the death tolls for previous wars.

Yes but surely what is happening as we speak is still pretty Cataclysmic . Armageddon like . 5,000,000 dead , 6,000,000 displaced .( in last 5 years ) . Monuments from civilisations 2000 to 4000 years old . Historic sites ,

well.

post-33514-0-59003600-1459081349_thumb.jpg

Mike

Yes but surely what is happening as we speak is still pretty Cataclysmic . Armageddon like . 5,000,000 dead , 6,000,000 displaced .( in last 5 years ) . Monuments from civilisations 2000 to 4000 years old . Historic sites ,

well.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Mike

What about WWI? Over 17, 000, 000 people died, approximately 20, 000, 000 wounded. Approximately 60, 000, 000 deaths in WWII. Was that Armageddon?

What about WWI? Over 17, 000, 000 people died, approximately 20, 000, 000 wounded. Approximately 60, 000, 000 deaths in WWII. Was that Armageddon?

I do not know which bit we will look back on as Armageddon , whether something yet future or the whole of this period since , and including the First World War , until it is all over , say some time soon . I think we will look back and say , what came over us all ? Because it has been a century of ' All sorts ' - discovery , population explosion, technology explosion, war explosion , climate change, da,de da ,de ,da.

But if we come out of this alive , we will have had to change to survive !

I think in one way or another , that is the thrust, of the question, of this thread . Has this last century , been so notable ,or so full of so many climax and notable circumstances, that it could be ....

Viewed in retrospect as . ." Armageddon "

Is this just coincidence , or are we going through some form of change , which we will look back on and say ' WOW

That was something else '!

post-33514-0-93141300-1459090831_thumb.jpg

So ! What comes next ?

Mike

I do not know which bit we will look back on as Armageddon , whether something yet future or the whole of this period since , and including the First World War , until it is all over , say some time soon .

There have been fewer wars in the 20th and 21st centuries than any previous time in history.

There have been fewer wars in the 20th and 21st centuries than any previous time in history.

Well may be that is it !

. Quote " So ! What comes next ? "

A world WITHOUT war ! A WARLESS WORLD , I like the sound of that ?

Is there any opportunity for an " intervention " ? If so by what / who ?

I think our opportunities are limited in number to the number of fingers on one hand ? I guess ?

1) If there is any intelligent life out there, higher up the capability ranking , keeping an eye on us . Then now would be a good time for some form of help or intervention?

2) If we are completely alone in the universe . Then , we are in a really , very , very tight corner . Or

3) then God help us ?

Sorry not 5 choices , just 3 ?

Mike

We are not alone, there are many meaningful relationships you can form other than one with God.

People always seem to look for God when they feel helpless, don't want to accept responsibility, want to shift the blame from themselves. People make wars and our own intervention will be the only 'help' or salvation there is. People naturally think they live in the most difficult times because that's what you know, yet we have no natural predators, we live in the least violent century, we have technology to make our lives more convenient, most of us are protected from the harshness of the environment.

God will not save us, education and tolerance can go a long way though (and it has).

We are not alone, there are many meaningful relationships you can form other than one with God.

People always seem to look for God when they feel helpless, don't want to accept responsibility, want to shift the blame from themselves. People make wars and our own intervention will be the only 'help' or salvation there is. People naturally think they live in the most difficult times because that's what you know, yet we have no natural predators, we live in the least violent century, we have technology to make our lives more convenient, most of us are protected from the harshness of the environment.

God will not save us, education and tolerance can go a long way though (and it has).

Well I must say I admire your optimism . But as I see it , we do appear to be , " at the end of the day ' a pack animal' " . Even the lead Dog in a wild pack , turns back and enters the centre of the pack to re- emerge as leader to face the foe , ' in short form' . If my nature documentaries serve me right.

What leaders of organisations do , or historic rulers did , in times of abject crisis, I do not know, I can guess , but I am and have never really been ' a leader ' , much, so I can not speak from personal experience. It would be interesting to speak to such a leader , in private, and confidence " where do you turn to in real ' against the wall crisis? " .

I think in the worlds current situation, taking everything into account, ( resources, economy, population , land area, climate, etc, etc) . We or someone is going to have to do some pretty ' sharp' footwork , to get out of this one!

If we want to migrate to Mars, the moon, somewhere else , or just stay put ' and fix it ' , we have quite a lot of preparation to do , and packing besides. And time is not on our sides. If we want to stay here ( on Earth), then we need some help.

I still feel it is an option to return temporarily to the ' centre of our pack ' and come out fighting the challenge.

Considering the enormity of the current Problem :-

For me that means :- locating our originators, ; asking for help, ; and ; being open to a few surprises.?

Mike

Well I must say I admire your optimism . But as I see it , we do appear to be , " at the end of the day ' a pack animal' " . Even the lead Dog in a wild pack , turns back and enters the centre of the pack to re- emerge as leader to face the foe , ' in short form' . If my nature documentaries serve me right.

What leaders of organisations do , or historic rulers did , in times of abject crisis, I do not know, I can guess , but I am and have never really been ' a leader ' , much, so I can not speak from personal experience. It would be interesting to speak to such a leader , in private, and confidence " where do you turn to in real ' against the wall crisis? " .

I think in the worlds current situation, taking everything into account, ( resources, economy, population , land area, climate, etc, etc) . We or someone is going to have to do some pretty ' sharp' footwork , to get out of this one!

If we want to migrate to Mars, the moon, somewhere else , or just stay put ' and fix it ' , we have quite a lot of preparation to do , and packing besides. And time is not on our sides. If we want to stay here ( on Earth), then we need some help.

I still feel it is an option to return temporarily to the ' centre of our pack ' and come out fighting the challenge.

Considering the enormity of the current Problem :-

For me that means :- locating our originators, ; asking for help, ; and ; being open to a few surprises.?

Mike

I'm being optimistic? I prefer to call it realistic. :P

Locating our originators? First Armageddon and now Prometheus; I'm sensing a suspicious trend here. Hmmm. :eek:

I'm being optimistic? I prefer to call it realistic. :P

Locating our originators? First Armageddon and now Prometheus; I'm sensing a suspicious trend here. Hmmm. :eek:

No ! I am genuine here ! As pure as driven snow !

I have already established a very tenuous communications link ! It took me a large part of my life to work it out . But a link ' none the less ' .

If you have a look at my profile , I have been in engineering , science and communication most of my life .

Even over the last two days I have asked two questions . One that we are supposed not to know, the other very simple.

One was about ' when the assistance could be forthcoming ? ' the second very pedestrian , ' is there a simple easy method of making things happen ? '

I am very happy to tell you the communication if you are interested ? It's not long winded ? But you do need to ask me .

Mike

Who is this 'world changing organisation'? How will they help? What are they changing exactly? Can you be specific?

What creates change? Communication, ideas, tolerance, education, responsibility.

You claim you've made this your life's work, but what exactly needs to change? And more importantly, how do you propose it will happen? Identifying a problem is only the first step.

Your picture and post remind me of the poem 'This lime tree bower my prison', look around you and there is beauty everywhere; this is purely perspective.

Analyse the facts I've given you in previous posts, the world is becoming less violent and more tolerant despite your 'gut' feeling.

Who is this 'world changing organisation'? How will they help? What are they changing exactly? Can you be specific?

What creates change? Communication, ideas, tolerance, education, responsibility.

You claim you've made this your life's work, but what exactly needs to change? And more importantly, how do you propose it will happen? Identifying a problem is only the first step.

Your picture and post remind me of the poem 'This lime tree bower my prison', look around you and there is beauty everywhere; this is purely perspective.

Analyse the facts I've given you in previous posts, the world is becoming less violent and more tolerant despite your 'gut' feeling.

Well one supposes , the organisation to return , must by definition to be the one that originated the whole ' earth project ' .

That , as far as I can figure out , can be one of three possibilities .

1. No organisation started the whole ( earth project off ) , so no organisation will return . ' God help us ' . Which brings me to

2. A God with a massive group of assistants ( Angels and other beings ) . Started the project off and is set to return during a time of great tribulation Armageddon . Sounds familiar .

3. There is no God and Angels but there is an Other intelligent beings Organisation, in the Universe who started this project Earth off , and could be possibly be encouraged to return ( or will do that anyway ) to help us sort things out .

How to deal with this and find out what is going on of the three possible organisations , like the details you ask , then you have options on all three.

Again I have thought this through since the 1960's ( that's 55 years or more) , and I have reasoned out the options and what sort of communication is possible .

For(1) no communication possible , as nobody started it , so nobody to return or communicate with . So , we are on our own .

for (2) well prayer is the recognised way to communicate with God , so I suppose that is a bit of a private thing ? However there is a plus side to this option . That is , the idea of a return , is built into the fabric of the subject. ( .in this case I suppose the organisation is

Composed of Angles , spirit beings .

For ( 3) now that could be an interesting reasoned speculation .

Personally , I think it is either (2) or (3) . Have a go at both is what I say .

If what you say about 'things are improving all the time ' . Then great ! Maybe the organisation is working behind the scenes ?

Oh by the way , the picture was me and my 30 year old daughter trying ( last year) to find a natives cottage I bought 20-30 years ago , on Grand Canaria ( Canary Islands ) . Planed to retire there , but since changed my mind .

We found it , and it is Paradise ( bit hot though ) .

post-33514-0-52694900-1459378141_thumb.jpg post-33514-0-38056700-1459378173_thumb.jpg

Mike

I stopped reading after seeing 'God' and 'Angels' because when you said 'world changing organisation' I thought you were referring to a real organisation. Or at least one that could exist at some point in the future.

I stopped reading after seeing 'God' and 'Angels' because when you said 'world changing organisation' I thought you were referring to a real organisation. Or at least one that could exist at some point in the future.

Well to some people , ( most polls show that over 50% of the current population believe in God )

Also this can be as real , if not more real than anything else . It depends on your own beliefs. If these polls are right , it means that every other person you see walking down the street , believes there is a God. Most of them are not keen of making it public , as they feel they will be badly thought of . particularly in science .

However it is a matter of which of the three options I specified previously ' IS '. ....TRUE ...REAL?

# NO other intelligent life in the universe .. #OTHER LIFE in Visible Universe .. # LIFE in Invisible Universe.( Spiritual )

I have tried to find out Which of these three is the Truth.

They tend to be mutually exclusive . It is a question we can not ignore. It is as important as Global warming, the world economy , Earths resources. Disease. And a host of threats facing human life. The future of Earth as a home to humanity is a Mammoth issue .

I think I would be confident in betting my life on Stating one or other of the 3 organisations will take over control of the Earth in the next 50 years . All three have Organisations ( of one sort or another ) . The ODD one out , failing to bring an organisation forward is the one labeled :-

quote "

1. 'No organisation' , started the whole ( earth project off ) , so no organisation will return ( to Help sort out)

" Unquote

That as an option is the worst , that we do not need

, As I see no signs whatsoever that we are capable of doing it on our own

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

( "Instant Fix" )

I think we should use this very special junction in world affairs to :-

Make the ' Most Radical Change' in the state of governance in world affairs and Borders.

This , so as to change some of the massive major issues in one stroke. but they would need to be worldwide and almost instantaneously , simultaneous everywhere ( Global ) . This would solve the migration problem at one stroke !

Together with other current stresses and strains.

RIGHT NOW

There is a large part of a model already in existence ,with procedures already tested , with a lot of information documented .

Mike

OK. I'll get right on it. Should have it done by teatime.

Well we can do it way before then !

We just need to do the science thing . Look at Nature what has she done and succeeded in over 100's of millions of years .

Before we were even on the scene , the plants and animals had it ' Sussed' solved.

They shared the whole planet . No borders , nationally or internationally. ZERO BOARDERS..yes within the whole earth they were free to roam Anywhere, if they could get there.

The only bit they temporarily guarded was their immediate nest, patch or basking area ( immediately within their very very local vicinity, and even that without sustained malice . . As a small family unit ( for breeding). Even then they usually gave that totally up , as they roamed onward.

We could implement that tomorrow ( totally open the boarders tomorrow ) anybody goes anywhere! What's wrong with that ?

Yes we might , or definitely will , have to give up all national sovereignty . We have only spent the past 5000 years fighting the most atrocious wars leaving millions dead, homes wrecked, misery and set back. Just to insist on and erect national barriers . Well we would need to abandon that tomorrow .

Land ownership would go apart from temporary , small ,homesteading ( like our family animals ) .

The current money system would need to go overnight. I appreciate a few people might jump out of skyscraper windows , or accept the matter . Yes we could barter and work our way up to a worldwide coin for ease of not lugging , a shoulder bag full , fish or carrots, or tv's and I pads . ,if we still want them .

There are probably a couple of other things I have not mentioned in this Post .

But it's quite "do able , tomorrow ,ish . "

---------------------------------------------

I used to teach business studies in Sixth form amongst other things , for a few years . Each year 5 lessons were spent abandoning every text book ,on business ,and getting an extremely large piece of joined up paper ( half the size of a classroom) the students all sat around in front of their piece ,( their local drawn homestead ) in front of them .

I then talked them through a space story , going as a group to another star system , another Earth-like planet . They . Get out around this lake they had landed by .

"Now you are not going home EVER . Now get on with life from here ' tomorrow ' "

Boy did we have some fast learning , fun , trading , Looking after their own little patch . Moving about the planet . Meeting others , doing a bit of bartering , occasional 'spats' . Boy , did they learn the rudiments of life survival and of Busness in 5 lessons .

. Then we considered business studies , from the text book.

------------------------------------------------/-

Let's start Tomorrow . It's got to be better than what we have got ? Has it not ? Do you think it could work?

Mike

Ps . Oh yes, I forgot . Level playing field for every last darn person . As of Tomorrow .?

Well! It's Tomorrow , here, let's see if its started?

When the Berlin Wall came down , some years ago , there was no stopping that, change, was there ?

Perhaps we have reached that time for a start of a complete World Change? ( 18 th April 2016 ) ?

Are the shadows on Plato's cave wall , small compared to the illuminated shadows cast on the Future by

humanities adaption of the model set by animal and plant life over the last aeons of time where there were

no national boundaries . Just One complete World ?

Mike

Link to Plato's cave wall :- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave

post-33514-0-44044400-1460968697.jpg

Also worth accompanying dwelling on this by listening to Faurer 'in paradisium '

Link :- https://www.youtube.com/in paradisium