Space radio signal solves missing matter mystery!

DrmDoc

When I saw this CNET headline, I thought we now have some answers regarding the nature of dark matter. I was right; the article discusses the mystery of radio signal bursts that emit the energy our Sun would over 10,000 years. The infrequency of the these bursts made their source difficult to locate. Scientist have now discovered that they originate from an elliptical galaxy about 6 billion light years from Earth. According to the article, the mystery was solved by "locating" the matter between the Earth and the signals source. The article contains a link to the published research. Enjoy!

When I saw this CNET headline, I thought we now have some answers regarding the nature of dark matter. I was right; the article discusses the mystery of radio signal bursts that emit the energy our Sun would over 10,000 years. The infrequency of the these bursts made their source difficult to locate. Scientist have now discovered that they originate from an elliptical galaxy about 6 billion light years from Earth. According to the article, the mystery was solved by "locating" the matter between the Earth and the signals source. The article contains a link to the published research. Enjoy!

No, it's not dark matter. It's normal matter that's hard to idenify

Ok, I had another look at the article and the link to the research. If I now understand correctly, what the researchers found was the remaining 50% of observable matter in a model of the universe comprising 5% ordinary matter, 25% dark matter, and 75% dark energy. I should have none that solving the dark matter mystery would have been much bigger news. Regardless, the article is a very interesting read.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.