Carboplatin

freakJoe

Hi,

i was trying to prepare it, but it seems to me it is contaminated with salt probably... at the final step, i evaporate it completely, as they recommend... when i was trying not to evaporate it completely, the purity was better but the yield was extremely low after crystallization... did anyone of you prepare pure carboplatin?

i followed this procedure (Inorganica Chimica Acta 359, 2006, p. 4095–4104):

1) Ag2R(COO)2: Two millimoles of aqueous NaOH are added to 1 mmol of the dicarboxylic acid dissolved in a small quantity of water. Two millimoles of AgNO3 are then added to the sodium dicarboxylate solution in the dark. A white precipitate forms immediately. The mixture is stirred for 15–30 min and the silver compound is filtered, washed with water, dried in air and finally in a dessicator. The yields are between 60% and 80%.

2) Pt(amine)2R(COO)2: The two compounds cis-Pt(amine)2I2 and Ag2R(COO)2 were mixed together in water in a 1:1 proportion. The mixture is stirred in the dark during 2–3 days until the formation of AgI is complete. The yellow precipitate is filtered out and the filtrate is evaporated to dryness.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by freak90