MySQL database

kasenarnold

Was the server worked well, it was a Windows Server 2008 R2, and one day the mother burned, move to another platform with Intel did not work, the Windows does not start, reinstall the screw on the other, now we need to pull the database from the old axis.

What actions can be solve the issue?

• 2 weeks later...

Repairing tables with mysqlcheck or another variant to learn helpful topics about mysql databases

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fb94219c-fbf8-455d-b912-5544be11f186/how-to-fix-my-sql-database?forum=sqldataaccess

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1618894-2893-1.aspx

But in case your corruption can't be overcome, then I would suggest you more powerful instrument for such cases https://mysql.recoverytoolbox.com/Recovery Toolbox for MySQL

If you, by any chance, forgot to create backup, you should do more work as the following:

1. Edit my.cnf (usually located in /etc/my.cnf) and add this line into [mysqld] section

innodb_force_recovery=4

1. Restart mysql (e.g: /etc/init.d/mysqld restart)
  2. Your MySQL log should tell you which table is corrupt. You can dump the table using “SELECT … INTO OUTFILE …” from mysql console or using tool like mysqldump
    • Example using MySQL query (you also need to dump the schema later)

mysql> SELECT * FROM corrupted_table INTO OUTFILE ‘/path/to/file’

• Example using mysqldump

root# mysqldump –opt -u uname -p dbname corrupted_tablename > /path/to/out.sql

1. Go back to my.cnf and comment the line you wrote from step #1
  2. Go intoMySQL console and drop the corrupted table

mysql> DROP TABLE corrupted_tablename;

1. Import data dump, for sql dump you can use:

root# mysql -u uname -p < /path/to/out.sql

1. Go back into mysql console, check and optimize all tables
  2. Done

I would recommend removing the hard drives and have a computer professional look at it. Burned hard drives need to be taken apart and put back together after the disk inside has been cleaned. Now the electronics in it might be totally fried but as long as the platter inside didn't get too badly damaged then it should be fixable. Smoke can stop the disk reading. In the case of an SSD it may not be fixable as that is mostly electronics. If you are going about taking the hard drives apart bear in mind they are made in a clean room so putting them back together in a normal room may not work 100% of the time.

drive_diagram.jpg

Edited by fiveworlds