Optimal Material

It would probably have something to do with the hydrophobicity of the material or the coating of the material used. There are a lot of new technologies showing improved water repellency on the market. Do you want a coating for the bike (like paint) or a cover that goes over it? It was a little unclear in you post. Also, I'm not sure why the material has to biochemical.

Try typing water repellent coatings into google and reading around the subject.

It would probably have something to do with the hydrophobicity of the material or the coating of the material used. There are a lot of new technologies showing improved water repellency on the market. Do you want a coating for the bike (like paint) or a cover that goes over it? It was a little unclear in you post. Also, I'm not sure why the material has to biochemical.

Try typing water repellent coatings into google and reading around the subject.

No not a coating, an actual cover, and i presumed the material would fall under the umbrella of biochemistry. Thanks

I would say that the structure/shape of the cover would be more important (or just as important) as the material. If you have a flat top on the cover then snow will build..... if the cover is slanted, then the snow will fall off of it under it's own weight as it builds. Look for a material that is hydrophobic in nature too and that might help.

Just a thought... but a solar charged battery could slowly and gently heat the cover to melt the snow as it tries to settle and the water will run off of the hydrophobic cover?

PS - most material chemistry is in the realm of physical chemistry, chemical physics, materials, physics, chemistry polymer chemistry etc... I'm not sure biochemistry really touches on materials much, but I am not a biochemist so I wouldn't know... I am kind of a materials chemist though, and very rarely use biochemistry. :)