Reflections

EdEarl

Opening some threads here remind me of being a child stepping through our church door, some remind me of reading One Flew over the Cockatoo's Nest, some are like school or university, some are like a bar fight, and a few are like a party of drunks arguing politics or other trivia.

Don't forget the ones where a kid bursts into the lab and tells the scientists that despite the success of what they're doing, they're doing it wrong. Those always amaze me.

Yeah, but that kid might be the next Albert Einstein. After all, he was also a kid at one point, so you never know!

Reflection about Nazis should include an understanding that such events repeat because people tend to go along, rather than make waves, especially with an authority figure in the lead. There are more recent examples, including Jonestown and Jim Jones; fortunately, Jonestown didn't involve millions.

When Nazis burst into the lab, it's always because the scientist they're about to kidnap is right about something.

If the kid also bursts in right then too, do you think the Nazis would a) laugh at him and tell him to go back to school, b) suddenly suspect the scientist of being a fraud, c) ask the kid nicely for supportive evidence, or d) do something diabolical?