Editing and posting question

Under the scenario of whereby I have just posted on a thread, and I choose to post again soon, when it is still possible to edit the first post, the second post always gets added onto the end of the first post.

Is this the only way to post the second post, or can I post it separately?

I find I run the risk of having added onto it and someone having replied to it in the mean time, also I like to use multiple posts when replying to multiple members.

I'm not sure what the Admins have that function set to. It used to be 6 hours before your editing switched off (we had folks who abused editing). If you post again rather than editing your first within that time, it automatically merges the two.

I'm not sure what the Admins have that function set to. It used to be 6 hours before your editing switched off (we had folks who abused editing). If you post again rather than editing your first within that time, it automatically merges the two.

Is it considered acceptable on the forum to add later posts that simply merge?

Is it considered acceptable on the forum to add later posts that simply merge?

It's not simply acceptable, it's unavoidable. When I know a post or posts are going to get merged with a previous post I preface the addition with "Addendum" so as to give notice. Not that others understand it as such of course. :o

Under the scenario of whereby I have just posted on a thread, and I choose to post again soon, when it is still possible to edit the first post, the second post always gets added onto the end of the first post.

Is this the only way to post the second post, or can I post it separately?

I find I run the risk of having added onto it and someone having replied to it in the mean time, also I like to use multiple posts when replying to multiple members.

If someone else has posted your subsequent post won't be added to a former one.