How could fast space travel be possible?

Arthur d. S. Jr.

Good afternoon, I am part of a project called Sigma, wich is a futuristic spacial sci-fi game (if you want to know more at goo.gl/tB0amX) , following this theme, it deals with many space travels in able time. But the problem beginswhen I was studying Einstein's Theory of Relativity, the one which says the faster you go, slowest looks your time to an external viewer. Considering the distances in space, there would be needed a very faster way then light-speed travels, but in that case, theory of relativety says to reach light-speed is impossible, and even if it were not light-speed yet...It would take almost forever to reach there on Earth's point of view. For solving I've thought about space deforming highways, which compress the space between them making for example 20 light-year travel to 1 hour. But I guess that still would take too much time in Earth's perspective. Do anyone have an Idea of how could they travel fast without this problem occurring? Or is there an alredy existing theory or project?

Thanks,
Arthur.

Unfortunately, you can't travel faster than light and I haven't heard of any attempts of solution to this issue. You can travel in a reasonable amount of time in your own frame of reference, but it will still take a long-long time in an Earth FoR.

There is a solution though. Rather than creating sci-fi universe based on the premise that super-luminous space travel exist as most game designers and book writers do, you can try and actually have a think what would a space-faring civilisation look like (socially, economically etc) if they hadn't been able to solve the travel time issue. And given how popular Kerbal Space Program is, this MMOKSP might actually be worth doing.

Typically what you see in fiction are wormholes. An alternative I read in the Old Man's war series, utilized jumping from one Universe to another(never exceeding c in either).

Or you could always simply time travel.

There was a young lady named Bright,

Whose speed was far faster than light.

She stared out one day in a relative way,

and returned the previous night.

However long someone else sees it takes wouldn't matter if you are running around with the equivalent of a flux capacitor. :cool:

I recall one book that had presented gravity as a pushing force that all bodies in the universe exerted on all other bodies. Given that, then planets were shields that would block this pushing force. The larger the planetary mass, the greater the shielding strength and the more you would be pushed into the planets surface.

They had discovered how to simulate the shielding force that all matter exhibited, only without needing the large volume such as a planet sized shield.

Therefore, based on the above, all you needed was a shield to be placed on one end of your spaceship and just turning up your shield strength gave you all the gravity thrust you needed to reach relativistic speeds.

I don't recall the name of the book but I really appreciated the creativity that went into creating a new theory for Gravity which could be correct for all we know about how gravity works, and allowed for the existence of Gravity drives.

I recall one book that had presented gravity as a pushing force that all bodies in the universe exerted on all other bodies. Given that, then planets were shields that would block this pushing force. The larger the planetary mass, the greater the shielding strength and the more you would be pushed into the planets surface.

They had discovered how to simulate the shielding force that all matter exhibited, only without needing the large volume such as a planet sized shield.

Therefore, based on the above, all you needed was a shield to be placed on one end of your spaceship and just turning up your shield strength gave you all the gravity thrust you needed to reach relativistic speeds.

I don't recall the name of the book but I really appreciated the creativity that went into creating a new theory for Gravity which could be correct for all we know about how gravity works, and allowed for the existence of Gravity drives.

I have a feeling that we can mathematically prove that there can exist no self-consistent and non-arbitrary schema which would allow push gravity which includes mass dependence, the inverse square law and conservative forces