The God Particle? :)

elizsia

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2746727/Maybe-shouldn-t-looking-quite-hard-God-particle-destroy-universe-warns-Stephen-Hawking.html

Apparently someone thinks the Higgs Boson could destroy the universe... Do you really think human kind could ever have that power :) The only thing you will destroy is the earth...

One Higgs Boson does not mean all higgs bosons.... One particle does not equate to all the particles in the universe.....

Why do people create these assumptions that having understanding over a particle gives them the power over the entire universe?

The higgs boson exists in all particles, even in me, so how come i have not felt anything when Cern plays around with it? the Higgs particles in me are not the same Higgs particles at cern...

Tell me, why does he think this?

Edited by elizsia

People have thought about such vacuum decays in various scenarios. However, one obvious problem is that nature itself probes the energy scales that we test in collider experiments and beyond, yet we are still here.

It may be worth pointing out (given the OP's fragile grasp of reality science) that the name "God particle" was invented by the marketing department of a publishing company in order to sell more books. It has no meaning beyond that.