Knowledge and Superiority Complex

elizsia

When people aquire the assumptions of being more knowledgable than someone else, most of the time it gives them a Superiority Complex.

Knowledge is Not Power..

Knowledge is Not Freedom..

" Knowledge is Survival.."

So now, think about this... Tell me why you think Knowledge is Power, Tell me why you think Knowledge is Freedom... Tell me why " Knowledge is simply about Survival "

Knowledge is about dispelling ignorance. Power comes from being informed about how the universe works. Knowledge helps you reduce what you don't know. How is that NOT powerful?

I see this problem manifested in the OP. You base an explanation on things you don't know you don't know. I haven't seen a single speck of legitimate science from any of your posts.

Knowledge is about dispelling ignorance. Power comes from being informed about how the universe works. Knowledge helps you reduce what you don't know. How is that NOT powerful?

I see this problem manifested in the OP. You base an explanation on things you don't know you don't know. I haven't seen a single speck of legitimate science from any of your posts.

You didnt observe.... Observe it... Knowledge is Survival.... Observe it... Why do people need to aquire education? To be able to find a Job and make money.... Or to feed themselves, or to heal themselves when they are unwell or need medical treatment.. Or advance themselves so their race does not become extinct... Knowledge is Survival...

So now Philosophy is about Science? Science trying to claim or own everything? Along time ago Philosophy was not Science, it was people asking Moral questions to try and improve human behaviour in their societies... Science has not improved human behaviour, even by trying to understand human behaviour, Science has not improved it... Was it Moral behaviour for science to invent the Atom Bomb or Gun Powder? No it wasnt... Science expresses the Destructive Nature of Human behaviour...

I upvoted you but you also answered your own question, knowledge is power because you can make gun powder and kill people or getting things you want through psychological manipulation or brain washing people through media and so forth.......

I wish i was free to be ignorant.

I upvoted you but you also answered your own question, knowledge is power because you can make gun powder and kill people or getting things you want through psychological manipulation or brain washing people through media and so forth.......

I wish i was free to be ignorant.

Why do people attain knowledge to create Gun Powder? to Create Weapons? Why do people create weapons? For survival? When Knowledge is not about Power, Knowledge is about Survival... You have to ask yourself, in this world people use their knowledge to create weapons, because they are trying to survive each other... Knowledge is Survival..

The reason why people are ignorant is because they are not free.... So in being free, you are not ignorant... Being free means your Open Minded.. Being Free means you can see everything... When people are not free, they are then unable to see and are unable to understand... Sometimes people prefer to free themselves from one prison and then enter another...... You think science sets your mind free? But you liberated your mind from one ideology and accepted a different ideology... Science didnt free your mind, because it told you what to believe.... The only way you can be free, is to liberate your mind from all ideologies and become none of them... Or Become all of them...

Science is one thing. Trying to find the meaning of life.... But people search for the meaning of life, instead of looking at themselves, they look at eveything outside of them, and outside of the world... They never become the meaning of life, because they are looking outside instead of looking at themselves.

Edited by elizsia

When people aquire the assumptions of being more knowledgable than someone else, most of the time it gives them a Superiority Complex.

Actually, such assumptions generally signify an Inferiority Complex and deep insecurities, but feel free to disregard if you'd rather not bother with being correct in your starting premises.

Actually, such assumptions generally signify an Inferiority Complex and deep insecurities, but feel free to disregard if you'd rather not bother with being correct in your starting premises.

Thank you for saying that. We see people overcome a lack of basic science education in many ways. My own lack fortunately didn't cause me to feel others were superior, just better educated. And between PhysicsForums and SFN, I learned how to fix my ignorance, or at least part of it. I'm so grateful for everyone who had a hand in shaping my critical thinking skills.

That goes double for you, my friend. And if I've grown as a rational human half as much as you have over the years here, I couldn't be happier. You provide clarity often just as it's needed.

Its truely amazing how people use a large vocabulary of posh elite words to try and explain simple things...

OK, wow. Inferiority complex all over.

As for you thinking science is simple, I have more evidence against that than you could possibly deal with. Btw, this is the first thing you've said that I think is insulting. But then I describe science as a jigsaw puzzle cut from the layers of an onion a hundred meters tall. Simple it's not.

OK, wow. Inferiority complex all over.

As for you thinking science is simple, I have more evidence against that than you could possibly deal with. Btw, this is the first thing you've said that I think is insulting. But then I describe science as a jigsaw puzzle cut from the layers of an onion a hundred meters tall. Simple it's not.

The answers you are looking for are simple... Not complex... When you have passed through all the complexity, you will find the answers you were looking for were simple all along.... We make things more complex than they need to be... You will find how things become much more simple in the future..

Edited by elizsia

I thought Einstein formulated the equation

Ego = 1/knowledge

Didn't Socrates say ''I know that I know nothing''?

Humility, not superiority, is the companiom of knowledge. That being said I have no quarrel with superiority of attitude based on superior knowledge.

The answers you are looking for are simple... Not complex... When you have passed through all the complexity, you will find the answers you were looking for were simple all along.... We make things more complex than they need to be... You will find how things become much more simple in the future..

If the question is, ‘how do we land a robot on mars?’ then the answer is far from simple.

You, yet again, seem to misunderstand the difference between knowledge and understanding.

This is what preaching leads to, the assumption you know the "answers [i'm] looking for". And that you can know the future.

From my experience, your way of thinking leads to ignoring opportunities to learn more about the real world. How you think you can derive any meaning from what you think are simple answers that don't take real observation into account is beyond me. It seems destined to promote irrational fears and irrational solutions to those fears.

On the other hand, knowledge banishes fear, and it's quite understandable that a person raised in a heavily religious environment, with all the judgement, fear of death, and irrational acceptance of an unovservable higher power, might not understand that mechanism as well as someone who has seen the benefits of an education that promotes critical thinking.

Its truely amazing how people use a large vocabulary of posh elite words to try and explain simple things...

Science has allowed us to acquire an ever deeper understanding of the awesome elegance of the universe and its simple underlying laws. It has enabled us to probe the nature of the Earth beneath our feet, peer back to the early years of the universe, reveal the intricacies of the biosphere. You appear, for some reason, to despise this success. That is sad.

One of the skills that distinguishes us from our fellow animals is our language. Language allows us to convey subtle thoughts, with meticulous objectivity, or with poetic delicacy. You seem to despise this skill as much as you do the methodology of science. That is also sad.

You have encountered many negative responses to your posts here. I am sure you have considered why this is. I suspect you may have reached a faulty conclusion.

When people have spent many years studying a topic, becoming genuinely knowledgeable in it and are humbled by that knowledge, it is frustrating to encounter someone who criticises what they do not understand, condemns what they are ignorant of and displays from the outset a hurtful anger.

Your reception would have been positive and welcoming if you had come here without the very attitudes you accuse others of. It is certainly not too late to try.