The Nothing

elizsia

In the beginning, there was the Nothing, Darkness

Then God awoke and became aware of The Nothing. God became self aware. God felt.. " I Am, I Exist ". In the moment of self realisation, God Became the One Consciousness, Which Became Light. Then God Felt, What is the reason, Why do I exist, What is the meaning?

" I Am Alone ". God needed a meaning, a reason... So God decided to Create.. And the Answer to Loneliness became Creativity. God found the meaning of Life, God Became the meaning Of Life.. Gods creations became the meaning of life.

But now Gods creations are asking the same question. " What is the meaning of life " and Gods creation decided to create for themselves in order to find the meaning of life. But we must become the meaning of life. We must realise we are the meaning of life. Instead of searching and creating the meanings of life, Become the meaning of life.

Sounds like blog material to me. Soapboxy, preachy, this-is-the-way-it-is type of OP.

Not really a good format for discussion. Hard to talk beyond guesswork and opinion.

Is there anything in this idea that reflects a reality we can discuss scientifically, here on this science site, with science-minded people, who want to talk about religion (in this section, anyway) in a rational manner?

You're metaphorically projecting the plight of mankind onto an archetype and calling it God. Man starts from nothing and has to figure things out unaided. I'm pretty sure most depictions of God have the entity both always existing and omniscient, so it is immune to Man's ignorance. God does not ask questions, nor fret about existentialism.

Furthermore, being created does not connote an infusion of meaning. While it is true, again projecting with the metaphor of Man, most things that Man creates has a purpose, but a) It doesn't have to have a purpose and b) Man himself isn't an artifice.

Edited by kisai

I'm pretty sure most depictions of God have the entity both always existing and omniscient, so it is immune to Man's ignorance.

I think that may only be the Abrahamic god. The Greek Gods, for example, could be born (and maybe die - but I can't think of any examples right now). And were often as emotional and stupid as humans.

I think that may only be the Abrahamic god. The Greek Gods, for example, could be born (and maybe die - but I can't think of any examples right now). And were often as emotional and stupid as humans.

Prometheus, creator of mankind, had a birth story, and his mother was Themis/Gaia. Some versions of his story say when Zeus chained him to the rock, and his liver was torn out daily, it actually killed him. The next day he would live again due to his immortality.

I should specify that the Canaanite El, and Israelite-Judaic Yaweh, both of which the modern Jewish and Christian and Islamic ideas of God are founded on, are equally as childish and emotional as the Greek gods. The modern concept of God is heavily modified from its origins by centuries of religious philosophers conjecturing aspects of a perfect being which wasn't part of the source material, or even implied by what most of the world consider as gods.

Edited by kisai

So, you have a religion forum on a science site, but you can only post things that relate to science? so in a way its not universal, Its bias about science to undermine Gods existence.... You call it a religion forum.. when really it should be called, Science Vs Religion...

Sounds like blog material to me. Soapboxy, preachy, this-is-the-way-it-is type of OP.

Not really a good format for discussion. Hard to talk beyond guesswork and opinion.

Is there anything in this idea that reflects a reality we can discuss scientifically, here on this science site, with science-minded people, who want to talk about religion (in this section, anyway) in a rational manner?

Is science rational, Really? was science rational when it created the Atomic Bomb? People think their expressing their intelligence by being scientists, they dont endorse all possibilities, not really... I thought science was about being open minded, but Science is about thinking about science, not everything... If you want to understand everything, your mind must become everything... Or nothing at all.... You started out thinking science was open minded, when really it is closed minded.... Like I said... Science expresses human intelligence in a destructive mannor, most science is used to create destructive things, not peaceful things.... There are people that use their creativity for peace, and science that uses its creativity for destructive means... Observe it...

Edited by elizsia

Where is your evidence were born athiest? sources please

So, you have a religion forum on a science site, but you can only post things that relate to science? so in a way its not universal, Its bias about science to undermine Gods existence.... You call it a religion forum.. when really it should be called, Science Vs Religion...

Is science rational, Really? was science rational when it created the Atomic Bomb? People think their expressing their intelligence by being scientists, they dont endorse all possibilities, not really... I thought science was about being open minded, but Science is about thinking about science, not everything... If you want to understand everything, your mind must become everything... Or nothing at all.... You started out thinking science was open minded, when really it is closed minded.... Like I said... Science expresses human intelligence in a destructive mannor, most science is used to create destructive things, not peaceful things.... There are people that use their creativity for peace, and science that uses its creativity for destructive means... Observe it...

Your going struggle on this site, people will use logic as a base premise to dismiss the irrational.......yet were constrained by logic so most people cant imagine beyond the realms of their own logic.

In general if they dont have the answer for something, then neither do you. People dont like to entertain idea's that contradict their beliefs or for which you cant prove, even though ofcourse you could be right. Not that i believe you.

Where is your evidence were born athiest? sources please

Your going struggle on this site, people will use logic as a base premise to dismiss the irrational.......yet were constrained by logic so most people cant imagine beyond the realms of their own logic.

In general if they dont have the answer for something, then neither do you. People dont like to entertain idea's that contradict their beliefs or for which you cant prove, even though ofcourse you could be right. Not that i believe you.

To dismiss the irrational?

Did science dismiss the irrational when they designed the Atom Bomb and Gun Powder? Wasnt it irrational to invent it in the first place?

Oh... look how far the world has come because science invented the Atom Bomb and Gun powder :) yes... Nuclear Bomb, Bombs, Guns, Bullets, Things used for war, things that destroy the planet, people killing people... Oh science is so Rational.. There are only a few things named there,... What about harmful chemicals and drugs and virus's and Genetic manaipulations that will eventually contaminate and create mutations in nature, all because human being wants to live forever...

Edited by elizsia

Science does not mean simply making up bullshit and then hoping something comes of it.

You may as well try to recreate the Mona Lisa by having monkeys throw their shit at a wall.

(This comment was accidentally posted to a different elizsia thread, when it was originally meant to be here. Funnily enough, the comment applies to all elizsia threads anyway.)

Science does not mean simply making up bullshit and then hoping something comes of it.

You may as well try to recreate the Mona Lisa by having monkeys throw their shit at a wall.

(This comment was accidentally posted to a different elizsia thread, when it was originally meant to be here. Funnily enough, the comment applies to all elizsia threads anyway.)

You define your intelligence by making bold statements about monkies and Mona Lisa?

Of course not.

I was defining yours.

You do exactly whats predictable of people when they dont open their mind or understand a different perspective on something... It leads you to the last resort of insult or offence...... Instead of sharing your own ideas in responce to someone elses idea, you are left with Insults and offences...

If you think differently, dont feel insulted by my idea.... its my idea, not yours... If you have a different idea, then respond with it... If not, then why respond with insults at all... To make yourself feel intelliegent, to try and improve your sense of self worth by insulting or offending?

Edited by elizsia

You do exactly whats predictable of people when they dont open their mind or understand a different perspective on something...

the problem is not a lack of open minds; i think it's fair to say from viewing your other topics that people are open to your ideas and do ask you for clarifications (for example, you never provided citations as requested in cartoon form by john cuthber). you do not seem to be open to the possibility you are wrong about anything and retreat to outrageous claims that you are being insulted which is not readily apparent.

your original post is based not on well reasoned propositions or on evidence about the real world but was essentially a very short creation myth you made and very much soapboxing; you didn't ask any questions which would allow any discussion to proceed other than for people to say "nice story" or, something that i agree with:

I don't believe you.

and this elizsia is because you simply do not provide any reasons for a person to consider.

You require evidence in all things.... Science.... It thinks it has a fullfilling purpose to explore the universe when it refuses to explore God... You will never know how to create a universe.... In the very end, you wont be able to stop the universe from fading into nothing... You will never be able to save yourselves with Science..... Your Science is destroying you.... All because you want to become Gods... Its crazy because the very idea of Godhood comes from God.... You want to become Gods, even when you Deny Gods existence.... Stupid people

Edited by elizsia

You require evidence in all things.... Science.... It thinks it has a fullfilling purpose to explore the universe when it refuses to explore God...

last time i checked, science was incapable of thought.

science typically can refer to the body of knowledge gathered by scientists using the scientific method, or the scientific method itself, neither of which can think.

and to comment on "refuses to explore God," you haven't presented evidence that a god exists, and you weren't clear about what god you're talking about, the properties of this being, what its actions in the universe would look like and how it is possible to measure such a thing etc. how could god (scientifically) be explored without having some clue as to what to look for or even evidence that such a thing may exist?