Everything more complex

We know that living creatures are biochemical machines. Well I want to question you something: Could it be that many diseases are very complex in their origine. I mean there has not to be a genetic cause for a certain disease. It's more complex? This also means that if you take the diseased tissue and make epigenetic, transcriptome and proteome analysis, you would see that biological the tissue is out of order? But on the same time there is no direct genetic cause, no evironmental cause? The cause it not biochemically understable for humans, because it just happen that organs run out of order biochemically? Biochemistry is too complex?

When we consider some of these systems in isolation we tend to get a good understanding of them. The problem is these systems don't exist in isolation: they have many nuanced interactions in real life, and when we try to put together all the things we understand in isolation it gets awfully complicated. I think the solution is mathematics: it's proved an excellent way of understanding complicated things in the past. I feel biology in general is now ripe for a similar quantitative treatment physics has enjoyed for centuries.

• 5 months later...

Yeah, Biochemistry is very complex. For example, in Chinese Traditional Medicine, people think that all the other part of the body can impact on the other part of body in a mystic way. There are too many factor can impact on the state of a living organism. Maybe one day, the computer can help us figure out these complex network.

It's more complex?

This also means that if you take the diseased tissue and make epigenetic, transcriptome and proteome analysis, you would see that biological the tissue is out of order?

Biochemistry is too complex?

Yes, and "biochemistry" is even more complex, because you need the "epigenetic, transcriptome and proteome analysis" for each individual's own microbiome also ...along with the understanding of how it all interacts and works.

But its not too complex, if you have more complete knowledge, the right analytical tools, and enough computing power.

And along the way, we can fix many smaller problems too.

~ :)

p.s. Scientific American had an interesting overview last year.

Edited by Essay