Gravity and spin (split from was Newton wrong)

DevilSolution

Thanks J.C., I should have made that clearer.

The additional gravitational force generated by a spinning planetary system is, as others have told you ( and even given approximate vales for ) trivial compared to a non-spinning one.

Whether they are spinning on a plane, retrograde or even on differing axis makes little difference to the trivially small contribtion.

I'd imagine rotational force to be stronger than that of spinning on its axis.

You don't have to imagine. I worked it out for you (in one of my "insincere" answers).

Whether that is true for all planets is left as an exercise for the reader ...

Spinning a rock around myself, not myself spinning. Is there any need?

I'll read up on the wiki page tomorrow, thanks again.

Like i've asked plenty of questions, you can either answer or not, if not send me the link and ill do my own research. As i said earlier the reason for being on a science forum is to ask questions, which no one has attempted at answering.

Now i must really get some sleep....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotation

"If the axis passes through the body's center of mass, the body is said to rotate upon itself, or spin. A rotation about an external point, e.g. the Earth about the Sun, is called a revolution"

Words have meanings. Don't blame others because you were imprecise in your terminology. We are not mind readers.

More nomenclature, i thought we "might" have got past the repertoire.

Had i used rotate as i earlier stated, this too could have been avoided, but obviously my choice of words hinders my scientific endeavours.

So whats our frequency? 1 cycle a year? Do we also have an angular frequency too given that we "spin" on our axis? and if so how does that relate to other planetary frequencies?

I'm sure were close to defining a wave here.

Then again im probably way out in my thinking.

So whats our frequency? 1 cycle a year?

Fairly obviously, yes. Or about 10-7 Hz in more normal units.

Do we also have an angular frequency too given that we "spin" on our axis?

Have you noticed that it takes about 24 hours? So that would be about 10-5 Hz, I think.