M-Theories 11 dimensions (Hilbert space) and Flatland

I came across this:

"Higher Dimensional Beings:

Imagine if there was a 2D person. If you stare at them a certain way, they cant see you. All you have to do is look from a top view and they wont know you are there, and they would never know. Living their life as 2D, they would never be able to comprehend how something could be looking down on them.

Now imagine a 4D person. They could be looking at you from a 4 dimensional angle, an angle that you will never understand. They could be right beside you, but you wouldnt know, and you would never know. Just as we could interact with the 2D person, the 4D person could interact with us. But as long as they dont want us to, we could never interact with them or not even know of them."

This reminded me of the book Flatland. ... because it's basically is just a shorter way to put it.

So anyway, my question is, that if a theory allows for the existence of extra dimensions do we then have to consider there may be otherwise unobservable things which can infrequently interact with us? Should our stance on it be logical positivist, agnostic or should we allow it?

Edited by Sorcerer

All depends on the configuration of the extra dimensions.

If they are compacted, we cannot interact with them because we can't access Planck scale energies.

If they are separate dimensions in a higher dimensional bulk, then we would intersect them at successive 'units' of that dimension.

Think of it like the dimension of time. A moving object will intersect a new 'position' at each different unit of time. In effect, it will 'draw' a line in the time dimension as successive intersection points combine to form what we call a world-line.

But spacetime even though moving in 4d could be motionless in the 5th dimension, we would only ever then interact with a 4D slice of 5d and also what ever it contains if it moves across our slice.

Doesn't this mean that 5d would be independent of our timeline, something from it would be able to enter our 4d slice at any point and would observe it as all of spacetime in one block?

Wouldn't it make more sense to shift the time dimension so it is always last. IE in N dimensions space time is always N+1?

Or rather would each dimensional observer have their own imaginary time dimension? So a 2D observer in a circle would describe it's space time as a cylinder, or a sphere/oblate sphereoid depending on its universes surface area through time being static or expanding/contracting. But really the 3D observer would just see lines moving across a circle as it changed in diameter as a part of its own imagined 4d time?

Edit: sorry I took your spacetime analogy out of context there, I guess where that thought was going is if time is all pervasive through dimensions or if each higher dimension would see the lower dimensions spacetime in its entirety as block time.

Edited by Sorcerer