Christianity has done nothing but Damn Humanity.

Stephanie1666

i found out a website that everyone who has an interest in finding out the truth about this most vile and evil program should check out.

vile and evil bits deleted by mod per Rule 2.7

it exposed the christian religion thoroughly as a whole.

from blood sacrifices to occult crimes to blatant deception and lies.

thank you... feedback is much appreciated.

Oh man. You really don't ant to follow those links. Bizarre antisemitic (Christianity is seen as a sort of messed-up Judaism) rants based on the usual forgeries, conspiracies and lots of other invented nonsense.

Hyperbolic is an understatement.

Edited by Strange

Actually in the christian bible Jesus died for our sins on the cross so that nobody else need sacrifice in penance for their sins.

Also in the old testament parts which also are in the Qur'an a son of the first men kills his brother in sacrifice to God. God subsequently placed a curse on such men where brother would kill brother.

Mostly in the bible god kills. God tells people to not kill and to not lie etc.

Edited by fiveworlds

wrong thread?

it exposed the christian religion thoroughly as a whole.

from blood sacrifices to occult crimes to blatant deception and lies.

He is talking about a small minority of people who have committed the crimes, which I made analogous to how people treat Islam.

So, while I am not a Christian by any means, I can provide a good defense for the faith as a whole. I like a few things that Christianity teaches, but the subject here is that Christianity is evil and I do agree. I don't believe, however, that it was supposed to be. Judaism is a fairly violent story, so as far as the old testament is concerned I really don't think it was even supposed to be a Holy Book. I believe Yeshua (Jesus) was a real human being, but the whole God-Prophet thing is really stretched. Yeshua's teachings were supposed to be in light and love while the old testament feels like a caveman's yearbook. Commandments from the OT have a wrathful and vengeful nature while Yeshua spoke of forgiveness and faith. Many preachers have explained this to me by saying "Jesus came here to re-write God's laws." I, respectfully, call bullschyt. I would imagine that if an almighty God made a law then it would not change. A good example of that is gravity. It is eternal and unchanging. It keeps it's nature. However, I do believe that Yeshua tried to abolish some harmful paradigms of his day. Think about this: If you knock out my tooth and I knock out your tooth then did I get my tooth back? Yeshua tried to tell us that we both don't have to lose teeth. It's actually better all around if I just let it go and enjoy my life with or without my tooth. It's the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. The Supreme Buddha said to treat our neighbors loss as our own loss and our neighbors gain as our own gain. It's not so different. I think that Yeshua was a very powerful and influential person whose words are sharpened and used against him. Hell, you know there's a Star Trek cult? Yep, it exists because of the influence of the show. Lonely nerds wish to impose superiority upon other by means of controlled influence. The same can happen to any faith. I think no differently of the system referred to as Christianity Inc. Their Jesus would be appalled to see what has become of his teaching.

There is a connection between stronger religiosity and stronger prejudices. I actually suspect Christians have cherry picked their verses to justify their intolerance.

The Bible does appear to be anti-gay, but there are far more verses condemning rich people, verses that actually come from the supposed messiah himself. I don't find Sodom & Gomorrah clearly anti-gay.

Then there's abortion. There's that pesky verse about the punishment for striking a pregnant woman and causing miscarriage. If you read translations that predate the pro-life movement, the verse actually has a more pro-choice reading.

Back in the days of slavery, conservative Christians were pointing to the OT verses about having slaves.

I've read half of Genesis and it's not half bad. God does (implicitly) kill innocent children in his flood, but that was probably just an oversight on the author's part.

Edited by MonDie

Mostly in the bible god kills. God tells people to not kill and to not lie etc.

Erhm...no. In the Old Testament God tells people to do quite a bit of killing. To whit, a small sample:

Exodus 21

12 Anyone who strikes a person with a fatal blow is to be put to death. 13 However, if it is not done intentionally, but God lets it happen, they are to flee to a place I will designate. 14 But if anyone schemes and kills someone deliberately, that person is to be taken from my altar and put to death.

15 Anyone who attacks[c] their father or mother is to be put to death.

16 Anyone who kidnaps someone is to be put to death, whether the victim has been sold or is still in the kidnappers possession.

17 Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.

Exodus 22

19 Anyone who has sexual relations with an animal is to be put to death.

Exodous 32

27 Then he [Moses] said to them, This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor. 28 The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died. 29 Then Moses said, You have been set apart to the Lord today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day.

Exodus 35

1 Moses assembled the whole Israelite community and said to them, These are the things the Lord has commanded you to do: 2 For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a day of sabbath rest to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it is to be put to death.

source

Not that the Bible is alone in this, e.g. in the Bhagavad Gita Krishna instructs Arjuna to do the right thing and kill his friends, family members, and teachers.

Oversights by authors? Erhm...no. >:D

Erhm...no. In the Old Testament God tells people to do quite a bit of killing. To whit, a small sample:

Exodus 20 verse 15 clearly states Thou shalt not kill.

15 Anyone who attacks[c] their father or mother is to be put to death.

The word is smitheth meaning to attack with godly force.

Oversights by authors? Erhm...no. >:D

Genesis is pretty tame. When Abraham's servant finds Rebecca, the wife to be for Isaac, they give her the choice to stay or go. She is not forced to marry Isaac even though God has apparently picked her.

The sacrifice of Isaac is perhaps the most troubling part of Genesis. He goes so far as to actually strap Isaac to the alter for the burnt offering before the angel actually intervenes. Isaac knows what the alter is for, he asks where the sacrifice is at as they're preparing it.

It's just such a gigantic book. Moses comes in after Genesis. Frankly, from what I've read, Moses sounds like a psychopath. If he really existed, he was probably lying about his religious experiences to manipulate his followers. That's what psychopaths do.

Genesis may have had more Mesopotamian influences. It was Moses who forced monotheism on everbody, whereas before they were worshipping Mesopotamian gods. The Epic of Gilgamesh is also very tame. Perhaps moreso.

Edited by MonDie

Exodus 20 verse 15 clearly states Thou shalt not kill.

The word is smitheth meaning to attack with godly force.

So it does. And the verses I quoted clearly say the opposite, contrary to your claim. 'Smiteth' is from the King James, but in any regard the passage is clear.

Need more unambiguous commands to kill from the Judeo-Christian God? Can do.

1 Samuel 15

1 Samuel said to Saul, I am the one the Lord sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so

listen now to the message from the Lord. 2 This is what the Lord Almighty says: I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[a] all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.

Deuteronomy 20

16 However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy[a] themthe Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusitesas the Lord your God has commanded you. ...

Genesis is pretty tame. When Abraham's servant finds Rebecca, the wife to be for Isaac, they give her the choice to stay or go. She is not forced to marry Isaac even though God has apparently picked her.

The sacrifice of Isaac is perhaps the most troubling part of Genesis. He goes so far as to actually strap Isaac to the alter for the burnt offering before the angel actually intervenes. Isaac knows what the alter is for, he asks where the sacrifice is at as they're preparing it.

Disturbing...yeah that's the ticket. One does what [one believes] God says, be it an act of kindness or an act of brutality.

It's just such a gigantic book. Moses comes in after Genesis. Frankly, from what I've read, Moses sounds like a psychopath. If he really existed, he was probably lying about his religious experiences to manipulate his followers. That's what psychopaths do.

Genesis may have had more Mesopotamian influences. It was Moses who forced monotheism on everbody, whereas before they were worshipping Mesopotamian gods. The Epic of Gilgamesh is also very tame. Perhaps moreso.

Yes well, the psychotic element is exactly what makes for the evil element of the OP. Since it's God or gods we're talking about giving the commands, there is no way to question the inspiration directly. That's true if we're talking about Moses, John Smith, Mohamed, or Arjuna, or yada yada yaweh. Pick your poison...and then kill for it when it suits.

Yes god should also have had aaron killed for building the golden calf but he didn't.

That's not the issue. The issue is whether the Old Testament God tells people to kill other people and clearly God does. Or rather, the people of the Old Testament who claim God speaks to them in private say that's what God says.

Or even more to the point, it's what the people who wrote the Old Testament said that the people of the Old Testament who claim God speaks to them in private said that's what God said.

Yeah, the OT is really crazy territory. However, Yeshua's stories have a clearly different undertone. Where the OT says "thou shalt not suffer a sorcerer to live," Yeshua said "Live by the sword and you will die by the sword." Where the OT says "An eye for an eye," Yeshua said to forgive a trespasser "seventy times seven times." Christ-ianity is based on Christ. I realize that the most cherished story of his is the crucifixion, but that's one of many stories. He was know for many things before he died, not just the dying part. Frankly, the way the stories are told, Jesus was a cool cat to chill with. He tried to leave a positive mark, but things can get twisted.

but things can get twisted.

You said it. Also there is a line after the golden calf story where moses is talking to god. God wants to exact his wrath on the people who defied his commands so easily. And the lord repented of the evil which he thought to do to his people.

Yeah, the OT is really crazy territory. However, Yeshua's stories have a clearly different undertone. Where the OT says "thou shalt not suffer a sorcerer to live," Yeshua said "Live by the sword and you will die by the sword." Where the OT says "An eye for an eye," Yeshua said to forgive a trespasser "seventy times seven times." Christ-ianity is based on Christ. I realize that the most cherished story of his is the crucifixion, but that's one of many stories. He was know for many things before he died, not just the dying part. Frankly, the way the stories are told, Jesus was a cool cat to chill with. He tried to leave a positive mark, but things can get twisted.

Matthew 10

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,

a daughter against her mother,

a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’[c]

You said it. Also there is a line after the golden calf story where Moses is talking to god. God wants to exact his wrath on the people who defied his commands so easily. And the lord repented of the evil which he thought to do to his people.

None of which changes the passages I quoted. Twisted is good, fickle fits fine too.

None of which changes the passages I quoted.

Yes it does God states his name is jealous. God is not infallible and does actual evil out of jealousy. One day god told Abraham to kill his only son because god was jealous. But when Abraham follows god's instructions he tells Abraham not to kill his son.

No. Apologetics does not change what is written. And God doesn't actually state anything. The whole of the Bible is at best 3rd hand and adding your apologetics makes it at best 4th hand. Religion section or no, this is a science site and it's the facts that carry the day.