tablet trouble

fiveworlds

I recently got a present of an android tablet from my big brother for my birthday. The tablet came with an inbuilt sd-card which had 5GB of free space. However the tablet itself only has about 300mb of free space. Now when I try downloading apps it fails because there isn't any free space on the tablet.

Is there any way to change the default install location of apps to the sd card??

Have you looked in Settings for a switch? Mind you I know Jack-squat but I asked one of the kids and he said he can do apps off the sd-card in his Android phone. :shrug:

I did but I couldn't find anything. It allows me to move the apps onto the sd card once they have already been installed and they can run from there. However google play installs the app to internal memory first.

I have Samsung Galaxy S5.

Assume you have Android (you didn't mention which version, every one is different) tablet.

When I click on Applications > Settings, near bottom of the list, there is Internet icon.

In Advanced, there is option "content settings" (don't know what it's called in English version of phone).

Once you click it, there is "Default memory for writing".

I have picked up "Device".

Are you able to switch it to card.. ?

I have built-in 16 GB, and didn't reach level of usage needing plugging card, but I guess so when there is card plugged, this option will change target for downloads..

Edited by Sensei

Assume you have Android (you didn't mention which version, every one is different) tablet.

Android 4.4.2

Firmware Version v2.0

Model v100

When I click on Applications > Settings, near bottom of the list, there is Internet icon.

In Advanced, there is option "content settings" (don't know what it's called in English version of phone).

Once you click it, there is "Default memory for writing".

I have picked up "Device".

Are you able to switch it to card.. ?

The option isn't there

Edited by fiveworlds

300mb of free space seems very small. The only Android device I have is what must be a 4 year old pocket camera with an Android operating system (4.1.2) with 3.97Gb internal memory and 2.38Gb of it being free.

Your description reminds me of a friend of mine who has an Android Tablet that has no update facility. And what's more, it can't play YouTube videos. In other words, the operating system appears to be locked to a specific release and will eventually become out of date and unusable.

The conclusion being that some Tablets use a limited and or non-updateable version of Android.

Has your tablet a 'software update' facility? Probably located in 'about device' within 'settings'.

300mb of free space seems very small. The only Android device I have is what must be a 4 year old pocket camera with an Android operating system (4.1.2) with 3.97Gb internal memory and 2.38Gb of it being free.

It was about 600 mb free when I first turned it on. But then it updated google play etc. Then it installed google play games.

Has your tablet a 'software update' facility? Probably located in 'about device' within 'settings'.

Yeah but when I ran it. It said I had the latest version but it is dated back in early 2014.