Existence : Seems more important than anything else. It seems paramount.

I have been staring into my garden pool , looking for some little red fish I introduced the other day . A frog keeps surfacing and looking me in the eye . I have my suspicions . Maybe they do not exist any more.

That is what prompted me to think EXISTENCE is everything . All important . Our greatest treasure.

With it everything can be appreciated , without existence , we can appreciate Nothing . '0' zero .

Mike

A rock and a dead human body both exist. I think life needs to be in there somewhere.

Life is the ticket to get into the show.

Well you are right of course. I was probably thinking , my little red fish , do not have life anymore. They were so enjoying , coming to the surface ,in the sun , taking a gulp , and wriggling into the depths again. Life , existence , perhaps taken for granted , but without it , sends a shudder down my spine , when I muse for a moment .

I am working on a list at the moment " ten things you need to do now in my retirement , that I have wanted to do while going through my life , that could not do at the time . ( houses , jobs, marriages , children , ) ...... ' do it when you retire ' Eg like ' following a big world river from source to sea ' , ' swim all the beaches of Devon & Cornwall and paint a picture at each one. , ' and a few more ethereal , less energetic pursuits . I am up to four with my list so far . ( only in the ideas process at the moment ) .

The point being I need EXISTENCE for them all .

Mike

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

Mike,

Was musing on death a while back, when a loved one passed away. Death seems so inappropriate, since life is all we have.

Regards, TAR

I think it would be fair to say , that ' life' must be the pinnacle of existence.

This of course brings in the 'degree of life ' from bacteria to human conscious life. ( and if so speculative to question , possible higher life forms ) .

We have only our own human conscious quality of life , by which to compare things . I have heard it put that this is a ' self awareness' . So in human terms ' to exist ' must incorporate ' being self aware ' ?

Mike

Ps . Not sure where happiness fits in ? Maybe we move into ' depths and widths , and other areas. ' I have a sneaking feeling that 'Emotion ' figures quite strongly in here somewhere ?

Mike,

Well "to exist" does not require self awareness as in awareness of oneself, as much as it requires that somebody or another is aware of the existence of the thing.

As in the two ways to think of life after death. My grandmother died, and is no longer self aware, as far as we consider awareness as sensing the world through eye and ear and skin and tongue and nose and conscious thought and dream...all requiring a living body/brain/heart group, which my grandmother does not possess any longer, but in my memory...but there is life after her death, in that you and I and others reading this, are currently in possesion of our senses and memories and are alive, after her death. As are the trees and fungi and fishes and ants, that arguably would continue to live even if every conscious human on Earth were to die.

Regards, TAR

Mike,

Well "to exist" does not require self awareness as in awareness of oneself, as much as it requires that somebody or another is aware of the existence of the thing.

As in the two ways to think of life after death. My grandmother died, and is no longer self aware, as far as we consider awareness as sensing the world through eye and ear and skin and tongue and nose and conscious thought and dream...all requiring a living body/brain/heart group, which my grandmother does not possess any longer, but in my memory...but there is life after her death, in that you and I and others reading this, are currently in possesion of our senses and memories and are alive, after her death. As are the trees and fungi and fishes and ants, that arguably would continue to live even if every conscious human on Earth were to die.

Regards, TAR

Well surely!

I wonder ( as we don't live in anyone else's mind, ) whether there is different depths of awareness of existence and life. Does someone that is always on the 'go' , have a greater depth of existence, or a good person , or a person who does a lot of research ? Or is existence a bit like a meal , fairly similar for everyone. Is there a possibility to imagine an increase in the ' existence ' feeling. ( heightened awareness ) or Like getting physically fitter. Or an expansion somehow of our current level of existence ?

Mike

Well surely!

I wonder ( as we don't live in anyone else's mind, ) whether there is different depths of awareness of existence and life. Does someone that is always on the 'go' , have a greater depth of existence, or a good person , or a person who does a lot of research ? Or is existence a bit like a meal , fairly similar for everyone. Is there a possibility to imagine an increase in the ' existence ' feeling. ( heightened awareness ) or Like getting physically fitter. Or an expansion somehow of our current level of existence ?

Mike

I have since pondered that of course ALL the supportive (non conscious ) part of us . Our systems for scratching a supply of minerals as well as the complex proteins and carbohydrates which allow and sustain our EXISTENCE .

Then again we can go one layer lower , and think of the massive and complex Geological strata sitting on top of the continental and ocean crusts . These of course allow the mechanism's. for furnishing us with minerals etc. And so on and so on with all the previous asteroid and comet agglomeration which we know gave the Earth it's start in life. Not excluding Bangs, plasma, recombination of atoms etc.

EXISTENCE, has quite a preparatory mechanism, even before I am conscious enough to think this thought . Phew !

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well!

I am becoming more and more aware that my existence is of paramount importance to me .

Should I stop existing , in some form or another , I think I am going to be very disappointed with the situation then !

Although the disappointment is felt now , in anticipation .

. THEN , if I don't exist , THEN , which I really want to exist THEN I clearly will not be conscious of not existing ! I think !

Mike

Ps maybe I died and I am just viewing all this like a film of my last moments . ..." Get me out of here! "

post-33514-0-91993900-1449386583_thumb.jpg.

Hello ! " is there anybody there ? "

.post-33514-0-68999000-1449386897_thumb.jpg

" are you still existing ? " .... ... " eek ! I am not sure ! "

.post-33514-0-53705900-1449387023_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...