MIT Scientist Chris Nagel: "Thermodynamics, Einstein, Shrodinger, Maxwell equations can all be modified" "Matter is knotted light"

Cymatics

"Chris Nagel heads an independent lab that researches the fundamental physics of matter (especially metals) in its relation to energy (light).

Currently Nagel focuses on applying low levels of energy (optical and thermal “tailoring”) to select combinations of metals to alter their base properties in multiple ways. Such tailored metals have achieved distinctly unexpected levels of transparency, conductivity, hardness, magnetism, and catalytic activity, both as permanent and transient variations. "

https://techtv.mit.edu/videos/26167-chris-nagel-light-the-architect-of-matter

Edited by swansont
copyright

Unfo I cannot find any recent papers from Chris Nagel nor does his company have a website I could easily access (nor a newer company). The fact that this lecture was given at an architecture colloquim sets off my speculations alarm.

Sentences like this can be taken in two ways when shorn of context

and the second paper on tailored materials elicited a reviewer’s comment: “if the authors are proven correct … text books will need to be rewritten”

There is a juicy "public interest" story about someone losing 77million in the follow up company - how true it is I have no idea and perhaps things have changed and they are back into profitability. There is also a case note and proceedings from his first company seemingly getting sued by investors

http://cenergytech.com/file/Home.html

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2013/09/26/the-heiress-baron-and-million-fortune-stake/cfOlnK5YGzk9bvrfUKSsnM/story.html

Dr. Chris Nagel has been able to, by manipulating the knotted structure of matter with light, craft magnetized copper, transparent copper, iron harder than diamond, nickle you can shatter like glass with a hammer, and dozens of other elements with tailored properties.

His patent claims underlying relativistic transformations:

"Devices improve control by selection, inversion, fortification, uniformization and mapping background energy (including vacuum energy, dark energy and/or dark matter, grid or brane energy) and including electromagnetic energies in various forms and states of aggregation, during a tailoring process and to processes of tailoring materials. Background energy can be dis aggregated and then integrated into common forms of matter (e.g., materials) for the expressed purpose of altering electrodynamic interactions by establishing harmonic maps between the respective electromagnetic fields."

www.google.com/patents/CA2.../CA2817391A1?cl=en&dq="christopher+nagel"&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAmoVChMI-6ug_eb5xgIVAyceCh15Jgn0

Obviously, if true, this is an potentially unprecedented paradigm shift in physics, chemistry, mathematics, material sciences, music, art, architecture.

What are your thoughts? Is he really manipulating the "geometry of spacetime"?

He mentioned that he gave a talk to a bunch of Nobel prize winners and that "the 40 minute talk went really poorly, but the 2 hour talk went really, really well." Videos posted below, this is a considerable investment of time to be able to really engage with this material, hopefully this post piqued your interest.

Original Video here:
techtv.mit.edu/videos/2616...ht-the-architect-of-matter

Q&A Here:
https://techtv.mit.edu/videos/26169-chris-nagel-q-a

I doubt very much that he is actually manipulating the geometry of space-time any more than anyone else is.

However, can you point to a peer-review paper that Nagel has published on the subject?

Mr. Eth posted this same post yesterday in PhysicsForums.com. His thread was deleted because it violated the rules with respect to posts about "Free Energy" type schemes. However, this Boston Globe article from last year is interesting with respect to Mr. Nagel's activities.

Molten metal revisited

Oops, I didn't see imatfaal's post about the same thing.

Edited by Borg

Mr. Eth posted this same post yesterday in PhysicsForums.com. His thread was deleted because it violated the rules with respect to posts about "Free Energy" type schemes. However, this Boston Globe article from last year is interesting with respect to Mr. Nagel's activities.

Molten metal revisited

Oops, I didn't see imatfaal's post about the same thing.

!

Moderator Note

Interesting, but ultimately I think we don't care. This section is for discussing physics, not people, patents, what happened to threads at another site, nor failed business ventures. Thus far, outside of some questions that have been asked, precious little discussion has been about physics. If the OP doesn't do a course correction, this will be closed.

A curious lack of information on the company website. It doesn't even have Nagel's (or anyone else's) names on it; the "Team" page is blank...

Ooops. Cross-posted with mod warning :)

Edited by Strange

!

Moderator Note

Interesting, but ultimately I think we don't care. This section is for discussing physics, not people, patents, what happened to threads at another site, nor failed business ventures. Thus far, outside of some questions that have been asked, precious little discussion has been about physics. If the OP doesn't do a course correction, this will be closed.

No worries. I find that those who post stuff like this will post the same thing on multiple sites until something sticks. Nice to see this isn't one of those sites. :)

Edited by Borg

Hmm.. so by running a few conducting rings around my material with varying AC and DC currents will allow me to 'tailor' it at the sub atomic level to achieve any property I like from said material.... (increased hardness, transparancy, magnetism, etc.) I don't see it - It isn't explained at all and looks like a con seeing as people have already lost millions in it and it is set up by team that already conned people out of millions in the past (Molten Metal).

Problem with arresting people like this con man is that they have friends in high places.... the average man on the street won't understand the case and anyone who does and wants to prosecute will probably be bought or bumped off.

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect that the results can be explained much more simply. It is known that different crystalline structures of the same element have different properties. The use of light of specific wavelengths to manipulate the energy levels of electrons has been done. The manipulation of electron energy levels can change the type of crystal structure formed by the excited material(s). Precise adjustment of the electron orbitals can change the probability of specific types of crystals forming. This adjustment of electron orbitals may also change the angles at which chemical bonds form, or fold a protein, or break apart a molecule.

I've seen this in other fields too, where promising discoveries get saddled with bad theories. When too much attention is focused on the theory, the actual discovery may be forgotten. In this case, wasn't the original discovery a method for manipulating certain properties of specific materials?

I apologize in advance if this speculation is out of order. I am new to this forum.