Overtone's Proposal

Harold Squared

Overtone had suggested about a week back that Germany might reduce its dependence on lignite coal for electricity generation by importing solar energy from Spain.

I regard this as an intriguing idea that he is invited to develop on its very own thread, submitted for your approval and scrutiny.

My apologies in advance if I have misstated the particulars.

Perhaps you should do a little research in Spain's renewable energy program. It didn't work out too well for their economy.

Your obvious implication here is that Spain's economy failed as a consequence of their renewable energy program, which is plainly ludicrous on it's face. Their economy crashed due a combination of a popped housing bubble, their artificially inflated GDP growth rate, an unsustainable trade deficit, and the steps they took to allow the financial sector to violate international banking standards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/200815_Spanish_financial_crisis

Or, you know... We can go with your idea that their crisis was because of solar power and wind. :rolleyes: