Marriage, evolution and Schrodinger's equation

petrushka.googol

Man could be thought of as a mini matter-wave.

This wave exists throughout his life and includes events like marriage.

Man interacts with a myriad number of members of the opposite sex but his sex drive prefers to "collapse" at a singular possibility.

This is natural selection.

This is necessary for his survival (something we learnt from the great apes).

Is then the bond of marriage sacrosanct ? >:D

Also note that, even through society has chosen otherwise, man is still polygamous.

…only when not being observed…otherwise he collapses, usually on the couch, into a very monogamous state

…however, when she knows exactly where he is, she has no idea where he is going...

Edited by J.C.MacSwell

Man could be thought of as a mini matter-wave.

This wave exists throughout his life and includes events like marriage.

Man interacts with a myriad number of members of the opposite sex but his sex drive prefers to "collapse" at a singular possibility.

This is natural selection.

This is necessary for his survival (something we learnt from the great apes).

Is then the bond of marriage sacrosanct ? >:D

I appreciate that Schrodinger's equation is based on probability and you're trying to use this as an analogy for other probabilities of life events unfolding. However, the Schrodinger equation mainly focuses on position, spin and speed with energy as a variable. There is this phase of applying quantum mechanics to unsuitable things with the illusion that it somehow makes the analysis deep. Instead your analysis tells me you don't really understand maths enough to formulate models. I'm not married yet but I'm guessing that emotional, political, cultural and economical factors influence marriage.... I don't know how you could break all those factors down into time, position and energy. Especially as we can't even quantify emotion. There are far better mathematical methods to describe life events but these fall under the umbrella of general statistics. Unfortunately you won't be able to peddle mystical rubbish with the quantum brand sticker if you use these.

I appreciate that Schrodinger's equation is based on probability and you're trying to use this as an analogy for other probabilities of life events unfolding. However, the Schrodinger equation mainly focuses on position, spin and speed with energy as a variable. There is this phase of applying quantum mechanics to unsuitable things with the illusion that it somehow makes the analysis deep. Instead your analysis tells me you don't really understand maths enough to formulate models. I'm not married yet but I'm guessing that emotional, political, cultural and economical factors influence marriage.... I don't know how you could break all those factors down into time, position and energy. Especially as we can't even quantify emotion. There are far better mathematical methods to describe life events but these fall under the umbrella of general statistics. Unfortunately you won't be able to peddle mystical rubbish with the quantum brand sticker if you use these.

I know that quantum mechanics applies to the micro world but if you use relative analogies (size of man / size of universe) it ends up tending to a point analogy. The many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics manifests itself as a plausible reality.....

Is it?

The way I have heard it, a pair bond is especially beneficial for humans in that their offspring need a much longer protected upbringing than other animals, which allows longer for development. Presumably this, in part, allowed humans to evolve in the way we did.

Then of course there obvious advantages to promiscuity, especially for males. I think we are a hybrid of both, and have instincts or tendencies for both.

Edited by J.C.MacSwell

I know that quantum mechanics applies to the micro world but if you use relative analogies (size of man / size of universe) it ends up tending to a point analogy. The many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics manifests itself as a plausible reality.....

!

Moderator Note

That falls short of what we expect in a speculations discussion.

You've managed to complete misunderstand what I've written. I appreciate that you're using the probabilistic nature of quantum mechanics. However, there are statistical methods that will do this. The schrodinger equation makes predictions on energy, speed, mass and position. These do no influence human events like marriage. You may want to sound intellectual by using quantum mechanics but all you're saying is that you're terrible at using mathematics.