Help Me Repairing A Stablizer

AmirShahzad.PK

I already have inverter. It has two charging modes narrow and wide. In narrow charging mode, It charges battery and supply voltage as coming from mains if the voltage is >= 170 VAC but below that it provide 220+ VAC from the battery but do not charge the battery. This is the drawback.

I am also thinking of charging my UPS battery separately using a separate charger and try to provide 12 V to UPS through this charger and supply no input to UPS. In this way ups will always work in backup mode always and supply 220+ but wonder this modified sine wave from the ups always would be dangerous for my appliances? Does stabilizer output pure sine wave? Just have a look and tell whether is this possible?

UPS_IN_BACKUP_MODE_ALWAYS.png

If it is a good inverter then it will not destroy your appliances, and if you already have used it for longer durations without mishaps then I don't think it will be more harmful for your equipment if you were to always use it.

The problem with another separate charger is when your mains voltage goes above 170 VAC and the UPS also tries to charge the battery, then there will be two chargers competing on the battery voltage and if they don't work together one or both could be destroyed.

If the UPS allows a separate charger and you can find a charger that is compatible with it, then it would probably work.

Edited by Spyman

If it is a good inverter then it will not destroy your appliances, and if you already have used it for longer durations without mishaps then I don't think it will be more harmful for your equipment if you were to always use it.

The problem with another separate charger is when your mains voltage goes above 170 VAC and the UPS also tries to charge the battery, then there will be two chargers competing on the battery voltage and if they don't work together one or both could be destroyed.

If the UPS allows a separate charger and you can find a charger that is compatible with it, then it would probably work.

Not sure whether it is a good inverter or not but it is modified sine wave. I am using it from October 2014 and since then one of my PC supply has been spoiled. It was an exceptional case and happened after my stabilizer stopped working correctly.

I am sorry I have not mentioned in the above diagram but UPS will not be getting any power from the mains so only one charger will be charging the battery.

I don't think that my UPS does.

Not sure whether it is a good inverter or not but it is modified sine wave. I am using it from October 2014 and since then one of my PC supply has been spoiled. It was an exceptional case and happened after my stabilizer stopped working correctly.

I am sorry, but I can't give you any guarantees about your inverter's output, as i don't have any experience with it, however at my work we have lots of computers running on UPS power supplies to protect them from surges and brownouts from our mains.

I am sorry I have not mentioned in the above diagram but UPS will not be getting any power from the mains so only one charger will be charging the battery.

The charger in the UPS could still be connected to the battery even if the UPS is disconnected from the mains, if it is powerless it should not interfere with another charger, but I need to stress that I can't give any guarantee that connecting a second charger won't harm the UPS or the charger.

EDIT: If you are going to try this you need to know that a 12 volts 20 amperes charger will only give 12 x 20 = 240 Watts. If you need 300 Watts output then you need a 25 ampere charger and for 600 watts you need a 50 amperes charger. The battery can cover for a larger need for a short duration but if you want to run constantly then the charger need to be greater than your average consumption. Also the inverter have losses so you need to make sure you have a little extra for this too.

Edited by Spyman

I am sorry, but I can't give you any guarantees about your inverter's output, as i don't have any experience with it, however at my work we have lots of computers running on UPS power supplies to protect them from surges and brownouts from our mains.

The charger in the UPS could still be connected to the battery even if the UPS is disconnected from the mains, if it is powerless it should not interfere with another charger, but I need to stress that I can't give any guarantee that connecting a second charger won't harm the UPS or the charger.

EDIT: If you are going to try this you need to know that a 12 volts 20 amperes charger will only give 12 x 20 = 240 Watts. If you need 300 Watts output then you need a 25 ampere charger and for 600 watts you need a 50 amperes charger. The battery can cover for a larger need for a short duration but if you want to run constantly then the charger need to be greater than your average consumption. Also the inverter have losses so you need to make sure you have a little extra for this too.

Al right.

Thanks. I will discussing this on Pakistani Forum and hope will be able to be clear about it.

Mean 50+ A charger would be suitable?

• 2 years later...

I had a <a href="https://www.evereststabilizer.com/">3KVA voltage stabilizer</a>

<a href="https://www.evereststabilizer.com/">3KVA voltage stabilizer</a>

from Everest after 15 years of successful running It suddenly malfunctioned I planned to open and sort the issue, imported product I cant understand the board functionality later Everest service man helped me and now no issue 

Edited by Selvag