Pitocin and Oxytocin

How is Pitocin (synthetic form of Oxytocin) which is used for birth labor induction, chemially different from Oxytocin?

How does Pitocin compare to Oxytocin with relation to subsequent brain/body chemical reactions? I realize this is a very open ended question, but if there is someone, anyone out there who knows or is looking to study something novel, someone out here is very interested... TIA

Thanks.. per the link you provided for Pitocin and the wikipedia article I looked at the moleular structure looks the same. Are there any other factors that would possibly come into play as to the two substances being different from eachother from an overall (not just biochemical) scientific standpoint?

I'm not a biochemist, but I like to look at things in detail, so it looks like the same molecule based on my quick look per wikipedia... not aruging that, just trying to understand because putting the molecular structure aside, synthetic form of anything is seldom exactly the same from the real thing, perhaps enviornment surrounding it... how it was made ..etc. would those factors contribute to the purity.. for example there is information that during Pitocin manufacture it has to be purified some way... I suppose I do need to do more research on how it's made to understand the details, though it's not at the top of my list right now.. but I found the topic interesting and thought I'd throw it out there.

I'm not a biochemist, but I like to look at things in detail, so it looks like the same molecule based on my quick look per wikipedia... not aruging that, just trying to understand because putting the molecular structure aside, synthetic form of anything is seldom exactly the same from the real thing, perhaps enviornment surrounding it... how it was made ..etc. would those factors contribute to the purity.. for example there is information that during Pitocin manufacture it has to be purified some way... I suppose I do need to do more research on how it's made to understand the details, though it's not at the top of my list right now.. but I found the topic interesting and thought I'd throw it out there.

Atoms are atoms, wherever they come from. The source makes no difference. Two identical molecules are identical in every way.. they are both the real thing.

Emphasis is mine. This is not true in the slightest. The source of the compound is really quite irrelevant to its function in this context. It is the same molecule and it will act in the same way when it gets to where its going.

I'm not a biochemist, but I like to look at things in detail, so it looks like the same molecule based on my quick look per wikipedia... not aruging that, just trying to understand because putting the molecular structure aside, synthetic form of anything is seldom exactly the same from the real thing, perhaps enviornment surrounding it... how it was made ..etc. would those factors contribute to the purity..

I have to add this to my list of popularly misunderstood science. I know quite a few people who assume a synthetic compound MUST be inferior because it's copying something found "naturally", that it's "fake". I don't think the average person sees a laboratory as a way to refine and improve "natural" processes to obtain better results.