Chladni Plate - CAN'T GET PATTERNS???

CountDrugula

Hey guys, I'm using the chladni cymatrics plate as a component in an art sculpture and have posted about this before. I finally got around to buying my vibration generator and wave generator. I hook everything up and turn to the frequencies that produce patterns and nothing happens. I can get one or two simple patterns but that's it. The square metal plate has a slight bend on side, could this be the issue? If not I think it must be something to do with the wave generator I purchased. So below I'll link the vibration generator and wave generator below and you guys can tell me if I've wasted $160 on a wave form generator that can't get the job done... LOL Hopefully not. Any help will bring me joy. Peace, love :D

VC2002.jpg

Vibration-Generator.jpg

I hook everything up and turn to the frequencies that produce patterns and nothing happens. I can get one or two simple patterns but that's it.

From the output coaxial contact on the signal generator I can tell that it is not ment to power large loads like solenoids.

According to the manual for the signal generator the output is only made to handle loads with an impedance of 50 Ohm or higher.

A product sheet for a vibration generator with the same name "2185.00" says max input 6V/1A which gives a rough value of 6 Ohm.

I think you might need an amplifier, the output from the signal generator is likely to weak to fully power the vibration generator.

When the vibration generator shakes the plate it also acts as a loudspeaker and should make a loud sound depending on how powerful the movement are. If the vibrator doesn't get enough current or the voltage amplitude is to low then the vibrations will be weak and it should also have a weak sound. How does your equipment sound, weak or powerful?

Here is a clip I found on Youtube with sound recording for comparison:

WARNING: Please lower your volume. The audio in this clip is extremely load!