Dark matter/energy

I keep hearing that science cannot explain where the missing 95% of the mass of the universe is, ok so I keep hearing it in dumbed down news reports and TV shows and not so much in white papers. I will therefore conceed there is probably a large gap in my knowledge but it got me thinking.

After the big bang came inflation, after inflation the universe cooled enough for matter to form which it did in almost equal ammounts of matter and anti-matter. This then anihilated almost completely leaving only a small amount of matter remaining. This must have caused another rather large bang as all that mass was in a considerably smaller universe than todays. So am I right in thinking the energy from this anihilation still has a mass equivelance and therefore a warping effect on spacetime?

So is the Dark matter and dark energy we can't explain the remnants of the matter/anti-matter destruction or is it just coincidence that the 95% of the universe that anihilated seems to be the same amount as the 95% we can't now explain.

seems so obvious but as I said that is based on my limited knowledge.

Two errors (at least).

(1)The anihilation didn't take place all at once, since it requires each particle to come into contact with its antiparticle. The CMB contains the energy, although much red shifted.

(2) The anihilation was a lot more than 95%.

Yes, the energy from the annihilation of matter and antimatter has the same gravitational effect. (That isn't the source of the CMB, though.)

But yes, all the visible matter and energy only accounts for about 1/7 of the matter in the universe. Simulations show that dark matter is essential for forming the large scale structure of the universe and the formation of galaxies. (As far as I know, dark energy is not a significant factor in this.)