The benefits of Religious Attitude over Logical or Scientific thinking !

Commander

Religion is just another ATTEMPT BY HUMANS TO IMAGINE THEMSELVES TO BE MORE RELEVANT than all other forms of life on our Planet !

That is not an awful way of thinking of it. Though I would say that religion usually tries to put us at the centre of the Universe, if not literally then figuratively. We have already decided that we are more important than other animals, but that is due to biology and natural selection, not religion. Of course, one should not completely separate religion from our evolution and for sure religion has played a big role in our history. Recognising the importance of religion on our development as a species is not to say that I believe that any religion is true.

Anyway, I don't see that you have said anything that does not sit okay with our evolutionary biology as a competitive, aggressive and social animal.

That is not an awful way of thinking of it. Though I would say that religion usually tries to put us at the centre of the Universe, if not literally then figuratively. We have already decided that we are more important than other animals, but that is due to biology and natural selection, not religion. Of course, one should not completely separate religion from our evolution and for sure religion has played a big role in our history. Recognising the importance of religion on our development as a species is not to say that I believe that any religion is true.

Anyway, I don't see that you have said anything that does not sit okay with our evolutionary biology as a competitive, aggressive and social animal.

Yes, I agree. Thank you.

This is known as the "No True Scotsman" fallacy.

Or: "I have the right religious attitude, you are a zealot and he is a fanatic".

This belief that "I'm right and others are wrong/fanatical" is one of the less appealing characteristics of the religious.

This has nothing to do with religion, it is purely about behaviour. You could just as accurately say:

The right way to behave is to cultivate Empathy, Understanding and Progress of mankind.

The wrong way is to focus on differences, argue against others and create conflicts.

No religion needed.

Only thing : 'No religion needed' should not become equivalent to another sort of religion.

Religion or not we must be willing to treat all human beings equally and with respect !

One may be willing to die for any cause but never kill or terrorize for any cause !

That is the religion I would like to belong !

Religion or not we must be willing to treat all human beings equally and with respect !

One may be willing to die for any cause but never kill or terrorize for any cause !

That is the religion I would like to belong !

Do you understand that you don't need to have a religion to believe in those ideals?

Commander,

Before you start asking questions, you need to answer the ones that others have asked.

"How arrogant does someone have to be to post something that, in effect says " I don't understand something; so it must be impossible"?"

Your Arrogance is quite baffling and on full display !

Readers will judge it for themselves.

We are all able to have this conversation online thanks to an accumulation of scientific knowledge. What tangible benefit has religion ever provided?

What I raised and discussed here is about certain benefits which can occur by adopting the Religious attitude as indicated in certain life matters.

Whether Religion has benefited Man more or Science has not been discussed here.

People will have different takes on it depending on their own experiences.

I, however agree with you that more benefits might have come from Science rather than Religion which has brought us from Cave Dwelling to our present state !

The benefits of Religious Attitude over Logical or Scientific thinking !

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There is a frcas and argument which ends up in a break of Relationship.

There is no further continuance of this Relationship from the Logical and Scientific point of view.

But as taught in Religion there is a way of Continuance.

Anger and Reconciliation

22"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell. 23"Therefore if you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24leave your offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering.…

Matthew 5:23

Just plain wrong.

The logical point of view is to realise that friends come and go, but enemies accumulate; so it makes sense to be reconciled.

How arrogant does someone have to be to post something that, in effect says " I don't understand something; so it must be impossible"?

As far as I can tell the only advantage to the religious point of view is that it lest you be really lazy about explaining things.

Whatever the question, the answer is "Goddidit"

I judge it to be a legitimate question which you have not addressed.

There is nothing I have said which can remotely be called as arrogant except by an arrogant fellow.

Now you are acting as a judge but you exposed yourself using bad language.

Draw your own conclusions !

Edited by Commander