Volts to amps

Rumple

Hello people.

I have created a device whereas I run magnets in front of a coil on a disk. Buy the nature of the curcuit, the core of the coil changes polarity and the disk spins and I capture the back EMF. Thats all good. I have a run and trigger batteries (12V). Total input of 24V.

I have overunity to the tune of some 70V.

Basically I put 24V in and 90V+ out! Though the amperage is minute.

My goal is to run an inverter with an input from my device at ~ 14V and with enough amp to be viable.

Can anyone help?

PLEASE!

Hello people.

I have created a device whereas I run magnets in front of a coil on a disk. Buy the nature of the curcuit, the core of the coil changes polarity and the disk spins and I capture the back EMF. Thats all good. I have a run and trigger batteries (12V). Total input of 24V.

I have overunity to the tune of some 70V.

My goal is to run an inverter with an input from my device at ~ 14V and with enough amp to be viable.

P=I*U

where

I=Q/t

so

P=Q/t*U

P*t=Q*U

so

E=Q*U

For ideal circuit without loses

Input energy you have

Q1*U1

Output energy you have

Q2*U2

They must be equal in ideal circuit

Q1*U1 =Q2*U2

in practice:

Q1*U1 >Q2*U2

because energy is lost on heating wire etc.

(read about voltage drop http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_drop )

Q1*24 V=Q2*90 V

For Q1=1 C

you will have Q2=0.2666 C, at max.

If you divide Q by e const = 1.602*10-19 C, you will have quantity of electrons.

They are not created, nor destroyed, in circuit.

So, if you have large quantity of electrons with low voltage on input, you will receive small quantity of electrons on output with larger voltage. Or reverse, depending on circuit.

For I1= 100 mA

you will have 26 mA output current I2.

Edited by Sensei

Simplifying Sensei's point, the current you can get out will be less than 24/90ths of the input curernt (a lot less, I suspect).

I don't understand this, what does the 14V refer to?

You would be better off just taking the supply from your batteries rather than all the losses in your generator and inverter.

Edited by Strange