The number 9 governs everything?

GrandMasterK

I am simply not intelligent enough to dissect any meaning from this claim. Can any sharper minds here illuminate this concept for me as to whether or not it is truly significant? If not, can you articulate for me why it is arbitrary? (which it seems to be).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLTlGAyi6v1bYm8lBwg4W9jU4ahz16UX8i&v=Stw316T0nQg#t=174

Here's some commentary from the post I got this link from:

"This is what number 9 looks like! Zero Point Singularity..The God Mind, Mathematician. Nine is both the singularity and the vacuum...ZERO POINT ENERGY. Nine models everything and nothing at the same time.
Nine seems to Govern TIME and SPACE !!! It is existent and non-existent at the same time...
There is a hidden code that reveals the greatest TRUTH of all, and it's encoded into the construction of our Universe, and affects our lives, and every person on Earth, called The 9 Code....

The sum of all digits, excluding 9 is 9...1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8= 36 (3+6=9)
Minutes and seconds in a day, a week, a month, a year always add up to 9.
1440 min in an hour 1+4+4+0=9
86,400 sec in an hour 8+6+4+0+0=18 (1+8=9)
10080 minutes in a week 1+0+0+8+0=9
525,600 minutes in a year 5+2+5+6+0+0=18 (1+8=9)

9 and zero are the same...Nine is the spirit number that FLOWS between yin and yang TORUS...We do not live in yin/yang duality! We live in a yin/yang TRILOGY...."

I am only aware of pie and the golden ratio.

And e. And the fine structure constant. And c. And Planck's constant. And ...

Every number has interesting properties. It is easy to prove this. Imagine there were numbers without interesting properties. Then the smallest such number would be interesting for being the smallest number without interesting properties. Repeat.

The British mathematician G. H. Hardy visited the Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan in hospital and later said:

“ I remember once going to see him when he was ill at Putney. I had ridden in taxi cab number 1729 and remarked that the number seemed to me rather a dull one, and that I hoped it was not an unfavorable omen. "No," he replied, "it is a very interesting number; it is the smallest number expressible as the sum of two cubes in two different ways."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1729_%28number%29

Edited by Strange

c and planck's constant are completely unit dependent - only one base 10 string of digits can represent pi but any base 10 string can represent c

True enough. Although the constants themselves (in whatever units) are probably mroe significant than 9 of anything!

Personally I think the number zero is the most interesting since all other numbers can be constructed from it, without the need for any arithmetic.

I do not know of any other number for which this is true. It is also a proper member of most sets of numbers (unlike infinity).

Can you elaborate on the statement that all numbers can be constructed from 0? I don't understand what this means because when you add 0s together you get 0. I Always thought of 0 as a "number" in the same way as black being a "color", in that it represents an absence.

Edited by GrandMasterK

• 3 weeks later...

Can you elaborate on the statement that all numbers can be constructed from 0? I don't understand what this means because when you add 0s together you get 0. I Always thought of 0 as a "number" in the same way as black being a "color", in that it represents an absence.

The formal, mathematical definition of the integers starts from the axioms that there is a zero (or, equivalently, the empty set) and that all numbers have a successor.