J Shape Liquid

HANSCHETI

I came across a website www.lhup.edu which shows how and why many models will not work. Initially i read and left the webpage but later while thinking i thought what if we can achieve the position as mentioned in the website Buoyancy motor #1

This seems to be impossible but what if we can keep the liquid in "j" shape one in the colour image will it be able to generate electricity.

reference:
http://jshapeliquid.blogspot.in/
https://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/museum/unwork.htm#buoy1

post-110001-0-98183300-1420632420.jpg

Edited by HANSCHETI

will it be able to generate electricity.

It is a not a good idea to blur the text like that some of us can hardly read it.

No it will not be able to generate electricity, but you might be able to contrive to keep the liquid in the J shape using electricity.

Unless you have something on the left hand side of the U shaped container keeping the fluid down in place, the fluid on the left will rise and the fluid on the right will fall. In the end the fluid will end up at equal levels on both sides of the U.

In your blog you say that you can keep the fluid in the J shape, but its a secret.

Well, what's your "secret"?

If you could keep the fluid in the J shape that's the real accomplishment.

Edited by mikehanson

Yes. If the liquid is a ferrofluid and if there is a magnet on the right hand side, then the liquid could be held in the J shape.

However, there would still be the same problem with the overall design as with a non ferrofluid liquid in the "John Phin" design.

Pressure increases with depth.

The buoyant force on the string of balls in the column of fluid does create a tendency for the system to turn counterclockwise. However, it is not enough to overcome the resistance to getting the next ball in at the bottom of the column of fluid.

Even if the fluid is a ferrofluid and held in the J shape due to magnetic attraction, within the column of ferrofluid pressure still increases with depth. The ferrofluid above is still resting on the ferrofluid below (otherwise it would fall down to where the fluid below is). And this creates a greater and greater pressure down the length of the column of ferrofluid just as with a non ferrofluid fluid.

hi every one i agree its not possible to keep liquid in J Shape in open container

@mikehanson even i want to disclose the idea to get better discussion for the idea but i am sorry

ok just for the discussion point

if we use two different density liquid say mercury and water and SOME HOW i mean ASSUMING if the Left hand side water is keeping mercury in j shape(I PLEASE REQUEST YOU TO ASSUME IT DOES) then....

i really regret :-( this impossible assumption but if this is possible then will the string heavier then water and lighter then mercury rotate......

Pleased see Assumed Model

Edited by HANSCHETI

hi every one i agree its not possible to keep liquid in J Shape in open container

But on your website you say: "Exactly how it does is secret but, it is possible."

if we use two different density liquid say mercury and water and SOME HOW i mean ASSUMING if the Left hand side water is keeping mercury in j shape(I PLEASE REQUEST YOU TO ASSUME IT DOES)

There is no point requesting people to assume the impossible.

What your argument comes down to is: if you can do something impossible, then you cam make an impossible machine work. I think this is what is commonly known as "magic".

You could have the liquid J shaped if there were something in the other leg of the tube holding it in place- compressed air, or another liquid would do it.

However to do that would stop the system "working"

Equally, you could set the system up in zero gravity.

Again, this would stop it working.

In general, there is no way to make this system produce electricity (other than very briefly).

The general reason is called the conservation of energy.

It stops any and all "free energy" systems working.

If you're in the United States you can get a provisional patent for 65 dollars. And you don't need to hire an attorney to file the proper paper work. You can do it yourself. (And if you can't figure out the file it using the government web site there are also several web sites that will help you file for a provisional patent for an extra fee.)

This gives you a one year protection of your idea and so allows you to tell other people about your idea without the fear of them stealing it. If it's a good idea (if other's cannot find the flaw in your proposal) then at any time during that year you can then spend the greater about of money to hire an attorney and file for a regular patent.

Actually you can never prove a theory is true. What you can do is show it is more and more and more likely to be true. (You can prove a theory is false. And it only takes one experimentally demonstrated exception to do this.)

I doubt his "secret" will make this old known flawed perpetual motion machine work.

But why not see what he thinks he's got?

Edited by mikehanson

HI EVERY ONE

I AM SORRY IF I HAVE UPSET YOU ALL

I am not in USA i am in india

and i ties making a small model but like i said in earlier post using mercury and water, water is available but pure mercury is very expensive and waste mercury is very hard to find because of toxic nature

any ways will try make a model first and then discuss. lets see where i can find mercury

thank you very much for your valued feedback and precious time.

Actually you can never prove a theory is true. What you can do is show it is more and more and more likely to be true. (You can prove a theory is false. And it only takes one experimentally demonstrated exception to do this.)

I doubt his "secret" will make this old known flawed perpetual motion machine work.

But why not see what he thinks he's got?

Guess again.

It's a mathematical proof, rather than a scientific one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noether%27s_theorem