TRicks for housing issue in college?

Some people are full time students and go to school full time. How do they get money for housing? Is there any tricks or way to get housing benefits as a student at least till I get my first grant check? It is a private community college and is an accelerated trade program. You can get the training in under 6 months. However they dont offer housing. Its not near where I live its about 5 hours away. Is there any possible way to get rent assistance just for the first month or so?

Are you in the EU? Maybe check out http://www.european-funding-guide.eu/scholarship/overview

It completely depends on where you are I know here you used to be able to get some form of rent allowance which provided a maximum of €300 a month dependent on where you were and if your rent cost more than that you got nothing and not all landlords that were cheap enough even accepted it and you would only ever get it if you were a previously unemployed mature student

Edited by fiveworlds

Are you in the EU? Maybe check out http://www.european-funding-guide.eu/scholarship/overview

It completely depends on where you are I know here you used to be able to get some form of rent allowance which provided a maximum of €300 a month dependent on where you were and if your rent cost more than that you got nothing and not all landlords that were cheap enough even accepted it and you would only ever get it if you were a previously unemployed mature student

Im USA