Anagrammatize (The Above Post)

MonDie

Acronyms can be useful mnemonics, but they require anagram skills. Hence the game I would like to try. This post contains the rules for round 1.

Each post gives an anagram of the above word with a tolerance of 1 insertion, 1 substitution, 1 deletion, or however many deletions to reduce the content to 7 or more units.

Deleted units can't be reintroduced next turn, unless that user gives permission.

Duplicate letters are distinct units, and only letters count as units.

If you do multiple independent words, each word must be 4+ letters.

The aim is to rearrange your way to your team's word.

No double posting.

If a questionable word isn't accompanied by a reputable dictionary/encyclopedia entry, you have 8 hours to do your own dictionary search to invalidate that post. For example: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/galactase?s=t&path=/

Team 1: Particle

Team 2: System

Starting Word: Amniote

If you dislike these words or rules, speak soon or else wait until this round either ends or stalls for 1 week.

Edited by MonDie

I tightened the restrictions on multiple words.

need more help with rules. an example perhaps?

I'll start it off then.

Amniote
meat coin

I rearranged amniote while inserting a "C", since I'm trying to reach "particle". I was allowed to split it into two words because each word was 4+ letters. This is my turn, but I'll provide more examples.

Bunny
Sunny
Imatfaal may reinsert the B if it pleases him.

I did a substitution, a replacement of the B with an S. Since a B was deleted, it cannot be reinserted next turn, whether through substitution or insertion, unless you are imatfaal. These grants of permission may be as specific, loose, or conditional as you like.

Radiations
Rations

I'm allowed to do 3 deletes because it's 10 letters (7+3), but in that case, I cannot insert new letters. Since I deleted a D, I, and A, these letters cannot be reinserted next turn.

coffee

force

This is wrong. There were duplicates of the F and E, and those were distinct units. I did more deleting than I was allowed to.

Edited by MonDie

• 3 weeks later...

I'll start it off then.

Amniote

meat coin

I rearranged amniote while inserting a "C", since I'm trying to reach "particle". I was allowed to split it into two words because each word was 4+ letters. This is my turn, but I'll provide more examples.

meat coin

rate clip >>> Particle

or if only one change per turn then

rate coin >> race pint >> particle

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Amniote >> System

moat sine >> most sine >> money sits >> system

Well it's supposed to be an ongoing game involving an alternation of turns, but you have shown how easy it is. Maybe new rules that are more challenging or require more steps? We could just disallow splitting (into multiple words).

Alternatively, we could continually split the words as we introduce ever more letters. That is, the end goal could involve many words or many letters. This would entail some rule changes, however, e.g. we'd scrap the multiple deletions rule that was to address the problem of unreasonably long words. Ideas are welcome.

But yes, your multi-step charts show that you understood the rules.

edit: Maybe I made it easy to attract participants? I can't remember.

Well it's supposed to be an ongoing game involving an alternation of turns, but you have shown how easy it is. Maybe new rules that are more challenging or require more steps? We could just disallow splitting (into multiple words).

Alternatively, we could continually split the words as we introduce ever more letters. That is, the end goal could involve many words or many letters. This would entail some rule changes, however, e.g. we'd scrap the multiple deletions rule that was to address the problem of unreasonably long words. Ideas are welcome.

But yes, your multi-step charts show that you understood the rules.

edit: Maybe I made it easy to attract participants? I can't remember.

I will give another online game which could be more interesting :

The game is perhaps quite known as we have been playing it in family circles for years.

Even children can play it while it will challenge adults as well.

I designate a word - a four letter verb - and I being the author is expected to be fair and not manipulate that word at my end once the game starts.

The example of such words are : read , like , make etc

There should be no repetition of letters allowed so no kill , meet etc - they will not be given as the challenge.

Everyone can participate and the first who finds that word is the winner.

Generally a Good Player can solve the word in 4 attempts !

The participant sends a PM to the author suggesting a word.

The author replies with a message in the format n C , m P where n and m are either 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4

like [0 C, 1 P] or [3 C, 0 P] or [0 C, 0 P] etc.

[0 C, 1 P] means No letter Common to the Challenge word and suggested word and one letter is Correct and in Position.

Example Challenge word WALK and suggested word PELT - one letter L is in Position and Correct no other letter is Common with the Challenge Word.

Similarly [3 C, 0 P] is exemplified by WALK and CLAW

[0 C, 0 P] is like WALK and SING

[ 4 P ] means solution is found exemplified by WALK and suggested word WALK

Once the sender gets a reply from author he uses that info to propose his next suggestion taking care not to use the letters supposedly rejected earlier so as to find the challenge word at the least number of attempts !

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Therefore the game is started hereby and I have designated a Challenge Word

Please send your suggested solutions and let us see who finds that word :

With the least number of attempts

Best of Luck !!

Edited by Commander

I will give another online game which could be more interesting :

The game is perhaps quite known as we have been playing it in family circles for years.

Even children can play it while it will challenge adults as well.

I designate a word - a four letter verb - and I being the author is expected to be fair and not manipulate that word at my end once the game starts.

The example of such words are : read , like , make etc

There should be no repetition of letters allowed so no kill , meet etc - they will not be given as the challenge.

Everyone can participate and the first who finds that word is the winner.

Generally a Good Player can solve the word in 4 attempts !

The participant sends a PM to the author suggesting a word.

The author replies with a message in the format n C , m P where n and m are either 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4

like [0 C, 1 P] or [3 C, 0 P] or [0 C, 0 P] etc.

[0 C, 1 P] means No letter Common to the Challenge word and suggested word and one letter is Correct and in Position.

Example Challenge word WALK and suggested word PELT - one letter L is in Position and Correct no other letter is Common with the Challenge Word.

Similarly [3 C, 0 P] is exemplified by WALK and CLAW

[0 C, 0 P] is like WALK and SING

[ 4 P ] means solution is found exemplified by WALK and suggested word WALK

Once the sender gets a reply from author he uses that info to propose his next suggestion taking care not to use the letters supposedly rejected earlier so as to find the challenge word at the least number of attempts !

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Therefore the game is started hereby and I have designated a Challenge Word

Please send your suggested solutions and let us see who finds that word :

With the least number of attempts

Best of Luck !!

Perhaps you could start your own thread for this game?