Cold Showers

For Prose

I am curious if anyone here takes cold showers and if so, do you feel you experience a sense of "hyper-awareness" during and immediately after?

Many years ago I took cold showers religiously but for some reason or another stopped. I am now attempting to reinstate the daily habit and remembered what it feels like right after.

Not to be confused with Cold Showers :D

I found this link while searching http://www.thehackedmind.com/7-reasons-to-take-cold-showers-and-1-that-really-matters/.

Might be a load of bull but most of it seems believable...

Ten years ago, I had to take cold showers for 12 months after moving into a 'new' place that had no heating.

It was ghastly.

The most extreme feeling that it gave me was of how bad an experience it was but not hyper-aware;

and It certainly left me feeling very awake in the mornings by an otherwise above average & quite persistent amount

accompanied with a pleasant sense of relief that it was over.

Having a warm shower (only very occasionally when visiting relations) was an utterly serene experience.

I don't recommend it but I remember, years ago, hearing that it was popular in health spas.

Ten years ago, I had to take cold showers for 12 months after moving into a 'new' place that had no heating.

It was ghastly.

The most extreme feeling that it gave me was of how bad an experience it was but not hyper-aware;

and It certainly left me feeling very awake in the mornings by an otherwise above average & quite persistent amount

accompanied with a pleasant sense of relief that it was over.

Having a warm shower (only very occasionally when visiting relations) was an utterly serene experience.

I don't recommend it but I remember, years ago, hearing that it was popular in health spas.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.