Vacuum energy/ universes within universes

sunshaker

Your model will suffer the same problems as the dark energy outer regions are by default a lower energy density region so as your bubble universes expands the average pressure will decrease leading to a slower expansion rate instead of an accelerating expansion rate.

I am unsure about this, I see my model speeding up as dark energy overcomes the gravity pull of dark matter, I also see the dark energy dispersing evenly throughout universe,

post-79233-0-74561000-1414149194_thumb.png

Even if we don't have a tool for the test, you need to propose a test for it. You need to make a prediction. For example, you should predict that effect x happens in conditions y..... and so on. If your idea is right, there should be some way of distinguishing between it and the null hypothesis. Even if a tool won't exist to actually measure x now or any time soon.

For example, see the predicted power spectrum by the Lambda-CDM theory which were calculated many years before BICEP2 was actually able to measure them. http://bicepkeck.org/

Tell us what we should see first, and then we can discuss 1) what implications occur because of what you predict and 2) ways of possibly measuring for it.

You are right until I can make predictions or propose a test this is all speculation,

I will end this thread now until the time I or any one else can come up with predictions or tests.

Before i sign off, I did have a thought and wondered if there was a way to work this out,

As I believe virtual particles appear for somewhere in the order of 18 orders of magnitude shorter than 10 microseconds, If there was a way to work out their energy/mass compared to our universes and and turn those microseconds into years. Comparable to each scale?

Think of it in terms of pressure differtial. Pressure per volume is the same as energy density per volume. The higher the energy density difference between two regions the greater the flow. A good example is a sailboat. The higher the energy density is on one side of the sail as opposed to the other side of the sail the greater the forward movement is. In this case as the universe expands there is less and less pressure difference between your dark energy region and your bubble universes.

One aspect many people tend to overlook is that one of the key pieces of evidence that the universe is expanding isn't just ditance measurements. A major piece of evidence is the thermodynamic history of the universe. The ideal gas laws is a part of the FLRW metrics as well.

A good book covering this is Modern Cosmology by Scott Dodelson chapters 3 to 5.

However this article also covers this arena in the same metrics including the particle physics aspects of big bang nucleosynthesis (Bose Einstein and Fermi Dirac equations included)

http://www.wiese.itp.unibe.ch/lectures/universe.pdf

Edited by Mordred