Understanding Neutrinos and Dark Matter

I had read an article on the web a while ago mentioning how neutrinos may construct dark matter, I have done little research and would prefer a fuller explanation on the possibility.

My question is if anyone is knowledgable on this particular idea and can explain this in more depth as I would really appreciate it.

I am currently making a presentation/poster on dark matter and am considering opinions and theories of all sorts.

Edited by the_singularity

My understanding is that neutrinos cannot be the main component of dark matter. Models of the formation of large scale structures require mainly "cold" dark matter (i.e. with relatively low velocities). But neutrinos are "hot" (having velocities near the speed of light).

However, there is a hypothetical "sterile neutrino" which is one possible dark matter candidate. But, so far, there is no definite evidence that sterile neutrinos exist.

I am currently making a presentation/poster on dark matter and am considering opinions and theories of all sorts.

The following article presents some interesting results on the subject of dark matter being composed of axions: http://www.fromquarkstoquasars.com/scientists-may-detected-dark-matter/ Edited by Bill Angel

How come axions don't show up in the LHC?

Scientists are now upgrading the accelerators at the LHC. "In the middle of 2015, the accelerator will restart and be capable of almost twice more energy than before," particle physicist Andreas Hoecker said. That means future experiments "could look for the formation of supersymmetry particles, such as squarks and gluinos and neutralinos with much larger masses than previous data allowed." The LHC experiments are not expected to detect axions, since they theoretically have very low cross-sections beyond the accelerator's capabilities.

See http://www.insidescience.org/content/date-particle-supercollider-detects-no-evidence-dark-matter/1545