Question on how neodemiyum magnets work

KeanuReeves

Hey guys, here's a problem you've probably never had to solve...

Basically for Halloween, I want to be Captain America. Here's the link to my costume:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2014-Newest-Captain-America-2-The-Winter-Soldier-Stealth-S-T-R-I-K-E-Suit/726281_1854176469.html

And, the shield:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Captain-America-Shield-make-of-metal-1-1of-Animation-Using-for-cosplaying-and-wargaming/1903333190.html

Now, you must be wondering right now. What does this have to do with neodemiyum magnets?? Well, let me tell you! Basically, I wanted a way to take the shield off my back, and put it back on without any hassle just like Captain America did in the movies. The solution I came up with was neodemiyum magnets but I don't really know how they work beyond the part of them sticking stuff together so I've come here to see If anyone is willing to help me solve my problem. Basically, I'm going to secure one magnet onto the shield, then another magnet onto my costume, and In the end, I want them to stick together when they become within close proximity of eachother. What I need to do is basically the pull force that I'm going to need to achieve this. It can't be so low that the shield just falls off ofc, but not so high as to make it physically impossible for me to grab it off my back. The 2 magnets will most likely have a piece of like fake leather in between them maybe 0.3-1inches thick so it'll need to stick through that.

Edited by KeanuReeves