Parallelisms between the cloud and a universal quantum computer

petrushka.googol

A quantum computer is inherently different from the cloud, which is a network of non-quantum computers. Like Strange, I don't see what you are trying to say about how they are similar in any way. Maybe if you mean parallel processing? The supposed promise and strength of quantum computers (as I barely understand it) is that they may somehow, some day be unlimited in the amount of concurrent computations. Maybe if you have enough CPUs working together in a network for guessing a number between 0 and X, with X being the number of CPUs you are using, then it can represent some kind of similarity? I don't know, I'm just trying to go off of what I can gather from your question, which is vague for me. I may be way off from my interpretation, so, sorry if I am.

A quantum computer is inherently different from the cloud, which is a network of non-quantum computers. Like Strange, I don't see what you are trying to say about how they are similar in any way. Maybe if you mean parallel processing? The supposed promise and strength of quantum computers (as I barely understand it) is that they may somehow, some day be unlimited in the amount of concurrent computations. Maybe if you have enough CPUs working together in a network for guessing a number between 0 and X, with X being the number of CPUs you are using, then it can represent some kind of similarity? I don't know, I'm just trying to go off of what I can gather from your question, which is vague for me. I may be way off from my interpretation, so, sorry if I am.

Quantum computing uses collapse of a wave function to translate a fuzzy sequence of bits into a read value. This according to me is at least partly simulated in the cloud where the network of computers represents a fuzzy state and the computer selected for processing is totally random depending on availability. This is a model of peer to peer computing at the macro level using QM as the algorithm for device selection among multiple devices.

• 2 weeks later...

efficient QC is just a myth :) speed of computation is tightly tied w/ power consumption. At the best case, consumed power is the cube of speed. in respect to QC, such machines are severely vulnerable for electromagnitic noise, so they easily become gambling apparatus.