relation between genetics, microbial growth and microbial nutrition

mihaella

They are actually tightly interconnected. However, it is also highly complex and the subject of a great deal of research. It is pretty much impossible to cover that in a few posts, rather, it would take books to fill that up.

However, if you have specific questions, feel free to ask them.

Ok, i will try to be more specific. I need to describe how microbes may interact with each other in the environment and how microbial genetics, metabolism and nutrition relate to each other, how microbial energy use can affect human or animal health and how the different types of microbes are used in microbes. I only need to write a short essay about that, not a whole book ;-). I wrote about the importance of genetics/mutations/genetic recombination, the importance of manipulating enzyme productions.

Well, you still need to figure out a specific topic about it, as your outline is still very general and very vague. For example, bacterial interactions alone could fill books, there are antagonistic interactions (e.g. competition), symbioses (characterized by metabolite exchange) or commensalism as well as everything in between. We could talk about the nutrient utilization under this context, or regulation (e.g. quorum sensing, biofilm formation etc.). Bacteria are the very basics for life on Earth and the impact on the environmental and human health is enormous, ranging from food, disease to very basic biological functions. In the end, we carry more bacterial cells with use than we have human cells.

I assume this is for a highschool assay? I would lock down one specific topic (say, use of bacteria in food production) and then look at certain sub-topics (such as fermentation) and discuss the points in that context. Everything else will end up being too broad and too vague to really write anything about it.

Ok. thanks for your answers so far. this is what I am suppose to explain more detailed:

Genetics metabolism and nutrition in microbes are very close related together in a dependent relationship that if you alter one of these processes, you will affect the other ones, you will end up altering them as well. If we altering the nutrients that microbes have access to, you will alter the gene expression that it can do, and then the whole metabolism will go through. And if we alter the metabolism, we may alter the DNA, and this will alter the type of nutrients the bacteria will take in.

Edited by mihaella

Just a few comments:

If the paragraph you copied in your last post was written by you, then I would suggest that you need to work on your English (if that is the language this is being submitted in). The paragraph you have Said you need to explain more reads very poorly.

I am not sure about your last sentence or at least, it needs clarification. How do metabolic process affect DNA? I am aware that errors in metabolism can cause mutations, though it is not clear that you are talking about this or about something more general.

As CharonY said, this is still quite vague and I agree that you need to tie it back to something more specific and illustrative of the story you are trying to tell.