Theory of the origin of soul and character.

Robbert

I have a theory or rather a suggestion or idea. (before i get pounded again...)
And to my mind it's elegant.

Where are our souls?

• Take Bruce Lipton's "Self receptors" / "Antennas" on the membranes of our cells.

"The cell receives its identity from its surroundings"
"The self receptors distinguish one identity from another identity"
"No two humans share the same Identity"
"If the cell is here or not makes no difference to my identity, because my identity, my signal is still here"

Our identities / we are not in the body but in its / our surroundings.
Each persons cells receive a unique bandwidth.

• Now take a frequency spectrum.

A frequency spectrum is basically build upon a line which can be divided into however many bands.
(A line can be divided in infinite points.) (You can build a 32 band equalizer and theoretically a million+ band equalizer)
So a line of increasing frequency is also dividable into infinite frequencies.

Only this line is not representing sound within the range of human hearing,
This line of increasing frequency represents consciousness
This line represents the consciousness of the universe.
And it is divided by the number of conscious beings.

These different frequencies are everywhere in the universe and originate from the consciousness of the universe itself. God. The sea of consciousness the TM'ers are talking about.
This "sea" of universal consciousness is us. We are the individual waves / frequencies upon it.

Our bodies are machines, tuned into this one remote control-frequency that is unique to us.

What are our characters made of?

The story of life is like a piece of music, only there to experience.

And the story of life on earth is directly mirrored in the planets around the earth.
This is of course what Astrology is all about. The planet show the state of our collective life precisely at all time.

If you want to digitize a piece of music on a computer,
you take a sample of it's state, for instance, every 41000th of a minute (a CD).

The universe also takes samples of its story and gives these samples a life of their own.

There are 4 babies born on earth every second.
Their character includes the entire state of the world on the exact moment they were born,
and we can look at the stars to define it more precisely.

All our births in chronological order tell the story of life.

What do you think? It's an open source theory ;)

I might come back and ad to this in the coming time.
I could ad a million things now but they haven't yet reached this level of clarity for me.

Edited by Robbert

this theory presumes a soul exists and that there is any validity to the new age idea of a universal consciousness.

consciousness seems to be a property of certain systems in the universe but not of the entire universe. it also seems to be a property that depends on a system like a living brain.

is there evidence of this "frequency spectrum of consciousness?"

this theory presumes a soul exists and that there is any validity to the new age idea of a universal consciousness.

consciousness seems to be a property of certain systems in the universe but not of the entire universe. it also seems to be a property that depends on a system like a living brain.

is there evidence of this "frequency spectrum of consciousness?"

Damn, that comments needs an extremely long answer, which i would like to shorten with a friendly; do some more research. Which you deserve after your New Age reverence ;)

Well we know collective contentiousness is proven and true,

the soul is the thing that comes back after being dead for short periods of time which has recently been researched again in Germany and their findings strongly suggest or rather prove there is life after death (if you still wanna have that proven to you after all the ancients telling us about it),

and what do you think a brain is? Put quantum mechanics in the same picture as the universe and hold it next to a brain.

Also all living things have a torus around them. So have we, so has the earth, so has our galaxy and so has the universe.

Yes, there is evidence and scientific proof that cells receive there identity through antennas / self receivers. For this i revered you to Bruce Lipton.

Listen to Walter Russell, Nassim Haramein, Tom Campbell, Marco Rodin... Hermis! and other people like that. It's fun! :)

Damn, that comments needs an extremely long answer, which i would like to shorten with a friendly; do some more research. Which you deserve after your New Age reverence ;)

Well we know collective contentiousness is proven and true,

i assume you mean collective consciousness, which is the sociological concept that there are shared beliefs and ideas in a society. as durkheim put it "The totality of beliefs and sentiments common to the average members of a society forms a determinate system with a life of its own. It can be termed the collective or creative consciousness." this isn't an object but a description of the uniting capabilities of a shared belief system among members of a society.

the soul is the thing that comes back after being dead for short periods of time which has recently been researched again in Germany and their findings strongly suggest or rather prove there is life after death (if you still wanna have that proven to you after all the ancients telling us about it),

i couldn't care less what the ancients tell us unless they actually had evidence of such. do you have the supposed german study that proves life after death?

and what do you think a brain is? Put quantum mechanics in the same picture as the universe and hold it next to a brain.

i don't know what that's supposed to mean. could you please expand on that?

Also all living things have a torus around them. So have we, so has the earth, so has our galaxy and so has the universe.

this also needs clarification.

Yes, there is evidence and scientific proof that cells receive there identity through antennas / self receivers. For this i revered you to Bruce Lipton.

Bruce Lipton is a crank biologist who also believes that we can use our mind to alter our genetics to prevent illness with no evidence of the sort. He also misrepresents not only mainstream biology but quantum physics, a field he has no experience in.

Edited by andrewcellini

i assume you mean collective consciousness, which is the sociological concept that there are shared beliefs and ideas in a society. as durkheim put it "The totality of beliefs and sentiments common to the average members of a society forms a determinate system with a life of its own. It can be termed the collective or creative consciousness." this isn't an object but a description of the uniting capabilities of a shared belief system among members of a society.

i couldn't care less what the ancients tell us unless they actually had evidence of such. do you have the supposed german study that proves life after death?

i don't know what that's supposed to mean. could you please expand on that?

this also needs clarification.

Bruce Lipton is a crank biologist who also believes that we can use our mind to alter our genetics to prevent illness.

Pfff... you guys play hardball around these forums!

Collective consciousnesses; Our minds are connected. As soon as an idea reaches critical mass (in the minds of enough members of a species) it is introduced more quickly in the minds of the others. Research done with monkeys learning how to clean patatos on islands and with people being asked to do certain tests around the world before and after they told a big group the answers. Look it up.

Life after death example

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/german-scientists-prove-there-is-life-after-death/

Brain and Universe

https://www.google.nl/search?q=a+brain+cell+and+the+universe&safe=off&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=sLYuVI-vLsiWapjFgbAI&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=937

Everything mirrors itself outwards and inwards. Microcosm and Macrocosm.

Torus

http://holofractal.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Torus-Fractal-galaxy-to-atom.jpg

But i didn't give a thought to have it raped. It was a mind experiment. Meant for people who at least don't doubt things as astrology. Caus that is so 5 years ago :P It sounds like you're trying to do science without spirituality but that is not possible. The two have in recent years become one.

Edited by Robbert

world news daily is a satire website. i was looking for a study regardless. - http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/disclaimer/

just because neurons share similarities in appearance with the universe in that picture does not mean they act or are the same in any way.

okay, yes i know what a torus is, but saying there is a "torus" around everything is vague because this is a shape and says nothing about what actually is "around everything." that picture is not an explanation.

Collective consciousnesses; Our minds are connected. As soon as an idea reaches critical mass (in the minds of enough members of a species) it is introduced more quickly in the minds of the others. Research done with monkeys learning how to clean patatos on islands and with people being asked to do certain tests around the world before and after they told a big group the answers. Look it up.

what does it mean for an idea to reach critical mass? how does this cause an idea to be "introduced in the minds of others?

Edited by andrewcellini

The gullible, you mean.

I think you might be in the wrong place: the clue is in the title Science Forums.

Damn. This would be a lot of work. I would have to quote about ten years of talks, books and movies, and make you listen to them. I think you're right. I'll come back in a few more years. Maybe people are a bit more awake then.

But you have a Fibonacci spiral in your profile picture. Symbol of the building blocks of conscious creation, revering to the old sciences, which are the highest sciences (the great year) and the biggest of the ancient sciences is astrology and all the cutting edge scientists are coming back on their appinions on astrology.

And astrology is not just about your sunsign. That's like saying there's nothing more to a Ferrari than wheels.

Edited by Robbert

Pfff... you guys play hardball around these forums!

We call it "the scientific method", and it's responsible for most of our current accurate knowledge. Your misconceptions seem to stem, at least in part, from the incorrect assumption that science is trying to "prove" anything. The methodology requires us to provide evidence to support our ideas, not just assertions and hand-waving. If there is a great deal of evidence that supports, and none that refutes a hypothesis, we may begin to call it a theory, but we never call it "proof". Proof is for maths.

But you have a Fibonacci spiral in your profile picture. Symbol of the building blocks of conscious creation, revering to the old sciences, which are the highest sciences (the great year) and the biggest of the ancient sciences is astrology and all the cutting edge scientists are coming back on their appinions on astrology.

astrology is a science like hopscotch is a sport.

i also don't understand how you concluded that the "fibonacci spiral" is the symbol "of the building blocks of conscious creation." care to expand on that?

Edited by andrewcellini

And astrology is not just about your sunsign. That's like saying there's nothing more to a Ferrari than wheels.

The highest sciences?! Too... many... jokes....

Astrology has given us... what? Astronomy has given us a mountain of knowledge about the universe we live in. And you really need to start giving citations for claims like, "...all the cutting edge scientists are coming back on their appinions (sic) on astrology", because I know this simply isn't true at all, not in the slightest.

Ok, well thanks for the introduction guys. Sounds like a good place to learn to answer opponents!

Interesting and enormously surprising to hear how you think. I wouldn't have suspected anything near this.

I've been addicted to studying for as long as i can remember, and it's given me a world of knowledge that's made my life a lot more fun, but in this one page you have shown that you wouldn't agree with any of it. Or with any of the people i admire the most. I have never come across any serious thinker that doesn't believe in a soul or a spirit. We are like different species. And this was like a science experiment for me to study you. hahahaha

I completely understand why my post didn't hit anything. It's like the right brain trying to explain a thought to the left brain.

But, respect, you obviously know a lot of facts and can express them quite efficiently and clinically.

I'll try again later. Although i would have no idea where to start.

I take every version of the truth on board respectively and decide my perspective every day. A theory overrules another when it makes more sense to me, feels better, resonates more, clears up the entire picture better. And i would never say something is true or not true because there is simply no need and every version brings you to new places and broadens your horizon of possibilities. So yes. I have prove in my mind for the things i say but they are not the sort you speak of. I navigate by feeling and intuition.
Non of the important issues of this time can be addressed with just the left brain, so i don't really understand how you can be into science in one of the most inspiring times in history, that is all about spirituality and science coming together and regarding it all as bullshit, whereby nailing yourself to the ground.

Edited by Robbert

Damn. This would be a lot of work. I would have to quote about ten years of talks, books and movies, and make you listen to them. I think you're right. I'll come back in a few more years. Maybe people are a bit more awake then.

I'm betting you can't cite even one scientific paper which demonstrates that there is any basis to astrology.

(I'm sure you can dig up any number of books, videos, poems and pops songs. But, again, this is a science forum.)

all the cutting edge scientists are coming back on their appinions on astrology.

Citation needed.

you have shown that you wouldn't agree with any of it.

Provide some objective evidence and we will consider it.

I have never come across any serious thinker that doesn't believe in a soul or a spirit.

You need to get out more. :)

It's like the right brain trying to explain a thought to the left brain.

That's another myth, you know.

But, respect, you obviously know a lot of facts

It has nothing to do with "knowing facts". It is about the scientific method to testing those "facts".

Edited by Strange

I'm betting you can't cite even one scientific paper which demonstrates that there is any basis to astrology.

(I'm sure you can dig up any number of books, videos, poems and pops songs. But, again, this is a science forum.)

Science isn't there yet.

Science isn't there yet.

Er ... science forum.

Why come to a science forum and talk about things that are not supported by science?

And why isn't science "there" yet? It is not as if it hasn't been studied (it has). Perhaps you expect science to lower its standards in order to accpet your beliefs?

Er ... science forum.

Why come to a science forum and talk about things that are not supported by science?

And why isn't science "there" yet? It is not as if it hasn't been studied (it has). Perhaps you expect science to lower its standards in order to accpet your beliefs?

No, i thought science had already improved their standards, or were busy doing that in order to move forward into the realm of spirit, where it will have to go eventually anyway. Quantum physics... Objects that are not connected mirroring each other over vast distances, or viewers influencing the outcome of experiments. i mean come on!

Edited by Robbert

all you're showing is your misunderstanding of quantum physics. i don't understand quantum mechanics very much either, but i can tell from your post you're misunderstanding the meaning of quantum entanglement and the observer effect. it would help to not have a pop sci understanding of these concepts.

you also presume, again, that there exists spirit.

No, i thought science had already improved their standards, or were busy doing that in order to move forward into the realm of spirit, where it will have to go eventually anyway. Quantum physics... Objects that are not connected mirroring each other over vast distances, or viewers influencing the outcome of experiments. i mean come on!

The scientific method is there because people are terrible at seeing things and patterns that do not exist. As a little background I am completing my second degree this academic year and I will be sitting exams in quantum wave theory. What I tend to find is that people who link spirituality to quantum physics doesn't know anything about quantum physics.

Viewers influencing outcome, I assume you mean observer effect. One huge misunderstanding is observer effect. People think that observing something changes reality. This is plain wrong. When making a measurement you have to interact with the system. For instance checking a tire pressure means some of the air has to come out in order to hit the pressure gauge. In a big system the change is barely noticeable. However, in quantum physics the systems are very small so taking a measurement will drastically change the system. Shooting a laser through a particle to measure its mass will increase the energy of the particle greatly. This is why quantum physicists constantly go on about observer effect because they have to make sure that their measuring equipment is taken into account. People who don’t study physics tend to misunderstand this and think that simply because we’re observing something our mind changes reality. Observer effect is a practical problem for carrying out experiments.

Science has brought about computers, modern medicine and has furthered our understanding of the cosmos. Spirituality has brought us cults, wars and oppression. With what you've posted it's outright pathetic that you're bashing science's standards. .

No, i thought science had already improved their standards, or were busy doing that in order to move forward into the realm of spirit, where it will have to go eventually anyway.

It will only go there when there is some objective evidence for anything related to the "realm of the spirit".

Quantum physics... Objects that are not connected mirroring each other over vast distances, or viewers influencing the outcome of experiments.

All, of course, predicted by theory and measured in practice. (Unlike your woo.)

Ain't science cool.

In quantum mechanics, an "observer" is anything that interacts with a particle such that the state its in matters to the interaction.

A brick wall could "observe" an experiment where you bounce something off it and affect the outcome.

As far as entanglement goes, it's about as mystical as cutting a coin in half, separating the halves over a large distance and then looking to see which half you have. You instantly know which half the other one is regardless of how far away it is from you, but you can no longer affect it in any way and the half your holding has no further relationship to anything that happens to the other one from that point forward.

As far as entanglement goes, it's about as mystical as cutting a coin in half, separating the halves over a large distance and then looking to see which half you have. You instantly know which half the other one is regardless of how far away it is from you, but you can no longer affect it in any way and the half your holding has no further relationship to anything that happens to the other one from that point forward.

haha i like that anology.

it seems like those who misunderstand it think there's a magical rope tying everything together and there is some sort of evidence of miracles or mysticism. it also seems common for new agers or practitioners of eastern mysticism to use this misunderstanding to "prove" their beliefs, like deepak chopra.

Edited by andrewcellini

I have never come across any serious thinker that doesn't believe in a soul or a spirit.

I'm not exactly sure what a 'serious thinker' would be by your standards.

I hope with all my heart that science never merges with astrology again. My dear sir, your factual views are straight from the Dark Ages. Certainly, nobody on this forum knows everything, but we know enough to discern astrology from reality.

Please read the thread on pseudoscience.