• Please log in to reply
836 replies to this topic

#821 Pymander

Pymander

Baryon

• Senior Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:59 PM

If historicity is, as such, a determinant of truth, Plato's Critias and Timaeus proves Atlantis existed, and the Bible that Jesus walked in the time of Tiberius Caesar. But authorities arbitrarily, to a greater or lesser extent, choose between conflicting histories (eg Saint Theodora) and others flatly deny history as valid, often with transparent motives (eg The imperialist and slaver Aristotle concerning Plato). There are those who currently hold the Bible to be myth while others hold that it is entirely literal, and the Psychic Edgar Cayce says it is variously to be interpreted as literal, metaphysical, and spiritual, and in places all three at once). "Blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" according to Einstein. Some on this forum say that Einstein is no authority. Others that the argument from authority is invalid. Ultimately, I guess, each of us has to gather as much information as possible to decide for themselves on issues they consider important, and then hope that no relevant information has been missed. At the very least, we must be certain that the authority we trust is not a self appointed one with ulterior motives. I think Jesus qualifies beyond doubt as an authority that can be trusted, and that Einstein believes likewise and is qualified to make that judgement.

#822 John Cuthber

John Cuthber

Chemistry Expert

• Resident Experts
  • 13,660 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:11 PM

If historicity is, as such, a determinant of truth, Plato's Critias and Timaeus proves Atlantis existed, ...

There are those who currently hold the Bible to be myth while others hold that it is entirely literal, and the Psychic Edgar Cayce says ...

I think Jesus qualifies beyond doubt as an ...

If historicity is, as such, a determinant of truth, Plato's Critias and Timaeus proves Atlantis existed, 

In that case the Hobbits exist.

Cayce is genereally regarded as a self-serving fraud.

Stating properties for Jesus in a thread about whether or not he exists is a logical fallacy called begging the question.

What's this signature thingy then? Did you know Santa only brings presents to people who click the + sign? -->

#823 Ten oz

Ten oz

Primate

• Senior Members
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:31 PM

If historicity is, as such, a determinant of truth, Plato's Critias and Timaeus proves Atlantis existed, and the Bible that Jesus walked in the time of Tiberius Caesar. But authorities arbitrarily, to a greater or lesser extent, choose between conflicting histories (eg Saint Theodora) and others flatly deny history as valid, often with transparent motives (eg The imperialist and slaver Aristotle concerning Plato). There are those who currently hold the Bible to be myth while others hold that it is entirely literal, and the Psychic Edgar Cayce says it is variously to be interpreted as literal, metaphysical, and spiritual, and in places all three at once). "Blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" according to Einstein. Some on this forum say that Einstein is no authority. Others that the argument from authority is invalid. Ultimately, I guess, each of us has to gather as much information as possible to decide for themselves on issues they consider important, and then hope that no relevant information has been missed. At the very least, we must be certain that the authority we trust is not a self appointed one with ulterior motives. I think Jesus qualifies beyond doubt as an authority that can be trusted, and that Einstein believes likewise and is qualified to make that judgement.

Evidence regarding the existence of Atlantis would be geological and not non contemporary work of a philosopher referencing a time long ago. In the absence of geoligical evidence contemporary artifacts of art, literature, carpntry, etc produced by those who had lived on Atlantis would be the next best thing.

For Jesus the best evidence would be something writen or built  carpentry that could be linked to his hands directly or a body/burial site. Next best would be contemporary artifacts of art, literature, carpntry, etc produced by those who had interactions with Jesus. After that any contemporary reference regardless of degrees of separation would be better than nothing at all. In this case, evidence of Jesus, nothing contemporary exists. The New Testement is not contemporary to Jesus and contains no first hand accounts.

#824 Pymander

Pymander

Baryon

• Senior Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:26 AM

"'If historicity is, as such, a determinant of truth, Plato's Critias and Timaeus proves Atlantis existed, '

"In that case the Hobbits exist.

":Cayce is genereally regarded as a self-serving fraud.

"Stating properties for Jesus in a thread about whether or not he exists is a logical fallacy called begging the question."

Let's talk about fallacies then. This will take some time, so bear with me until all edits are complete.
Einstein studied the Talmud and the Bible, by his own words, and did not dismiss the histories, but in fact, claimed the luminous figure of the Nazarene could not be the work of any phrase-monger, and that Christianity cannot be dismissed with any "bon mot". Bon mots won't do, unless you consider yourselves geniuses on a par to contradict him. This genius regards the Bible as history. The likes of Stalin, with vested interests, contradict him. Hitler styled labels like "soap boxing" are used to shut down opposition, but bon mots fly like plague locusts, and that's scientific?

Concerning the properties of Jesus, an absolute philosophical genius whose existence should be questioned like many lesser philosophers more ancient, with no less historical support; Einstein claimed that Jesus words, and those of the prophets of old, would heal all the social ills of humanity (stripped of additions by priests). Meanwhile, the prophets mentioned predicted Jesus back to Moses, whose nation of slaves now manage the economy of the "Free World", as prophecied in Genesis to Abraham. It seems that philosophers who teach unselfishness are arbitrarily deemed non-history! Why might that be, Geniuses?

Concerning Hobbits - JRR Tolkein, in a treatise on "Fairy" (fairy tales and mythology), states that fairy illustrates life's lessons, morality and consequences (eg "Troy" now discovered and unclaimed myth after Cayce gave past life readings in the Trojan war, including his own). Concerning the Bible, TRR Tolkein says that this is fairy made reality, in line with Edgar Cayce's claim that some of scripture is literal, metaphysical, and spiritual at the same time.

Concerning Edgar Cayce as a self-serving fraud, he once enquired of his own readings how to secure himself financially, and received a quote from the Bible, which he read once each year of his life. "My grace is sufficient unto thee." At need, money and resources found him, enough to build a hospital. In return, he provided readings to his benefactor, a Jewish Stockbroker, that produced the most extensive collection, the 900 series, toward the end of his life. The series is of great interest to serious students of the occult.

"Evidence regarding the existence of Atlantis would be geological and not non contemporary work of a philosopher referencing a time long ago. In the absence of geoligical evidence contemporary artifacts of art, literature, carpntry, etc produced by those who had lived on Atlantis would be the next best thing."

Possibly one of the best sources, if you can find a copy, is a book simply called "Atlantis" by Charles Berlitz. He systematically examines Plato's "Critias and Timaeus", the history of Atlantis denied by Artstotle the Imperialist slaver, and presents enough supporting evidence from around the globe to sink the Bismarck.

"For Jesus the best evidence would be something writen or built carpentry that could be linked to his hands directly or a body/burial site. Next best would be contemporary artifacts of art, literature, carpntry, etc produced by those who had interactions with Jesus. After that any contemporary reference regardless of degrees of separation would be better than nothing at all. In this case, evidence of Jesus, nothing contemporary exists. The New Testement is not contemporary to Jesus and contains no first hand accounts."

Do such things exist for philosophers who do not preach "All you need is love." On the contrary, the onus is on those who deny Jesus, to explain the Jews, and the Vatican, or at least all the manifestations of Christianity all over planet Earth, and throughout whatever history has not offended the exploiters of human resources across the same domain. You could start another thread and call it "Where did the Jews come from, and how did that affect so much influence on mankind?", or "How did Christianity emerge to achieve the moral impact that created the Present out of Roman Debauchery", or even "Why Has Mankind Cast God Behind His Back?"

My personal take on this last is that only life (even many lives) can advance the soul from gratifying its senses and its ego, and finding its "faith", interpreted "extensive concept of God's Power and Purposes"). This road we must all eventually find as no soul can continue to defy its Maker. The end result is none other than to become more Christlike, a condition which was known to the ancient Egyptian as producing the Sahu, the Glorified Body and Soul combined, at one with the Creator, and "dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto (courtesy Einstein); which no man has seen or can see, ..." echoing through the centuries in 1 Timothy 6:16. This answer to your claim that mortal remains are required is without any "faith", of course, impossible to comprehend, even by Roman Catholics if they do not read the Bible ("every word from the mouth of God"), and respond to its "goads and nails". It must be clear that, by accepting constraints from questionable authorities (which at times were Popes), these sorts of questions simply cannot be answered. Also that I do not operate on "blind faith". In the end, we can only know that all our "truths" are consistent, as based on correct hypotheses, however far flung, and no more.

Edited by Pymander, 23 April 2017 - 08:12 AM.

#825 John Cuthber

John Cuthber

Chemistry Expert

• Resident Experts
  • 13,660 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:45 AM

Einstein was a physicist.

You really don't want to believe that do you?

You want to pretend that he was a historical linguist.

"Einstein studied the Talmud and the Bible, by his own words, and did not dismiss the histories, but in fact, claimed the luminous figure of the Nazarene could not be the work of any phrase-monger, and that Christianity cannot be dismissed with any "bon mot". Bon mots won't do, unless you consider yourselves geniuses on a par to contradict him. "

So, to contradict him, I don't need to claim any great genius- I just need to point out that today's academics looking at those same scriptures  don't come to the same conclusions.

You say "Possibly one of the best sources, if you can find a copy, is a book simply called "Atlantis" by Charles Berlitz. "

Well, Berlitz talked nonsense.

So if he is the best you can do in support of Atlantis...

What's this signature thingy then? Did you know Santa only brings presents to people who click the + sign? -->

#826 Ten oz

Ten oz

Primate

• Senior Members
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:20 PM

1 - Possibly one of the best sources, if you can find a copy, is a book simply called "Atlantis" by Charles Berlitz. He systematically examines Plato's "Critias and Timaeus", the history of Atlantis denied by Artstotle the Imperialist slaver, and presents enough supporting evidence from around the globe to sink the Bismarck.

"For Jesus the best evidence would be something writen or built carpentry that could be linked to his hands directly or a body/burial site. Next best would be contemporary artifacts of art, literature, carpntry, etc produced by those who had interactions with Jesus. After that any contemporary reference regardless of degrees of separation would be better than nothing at all. In this case, evidence of Jesus, nothing contemporary exists. The New Testement is not contemporary to Jesus and contains no first hand accounts."

2 - Do such things exist for philosophers who do not preach "All you need is love." On the contrary, the onus is on those who deny Jesus, to explain the Jews, and the Vatican, or at least all the manifestations of Christianity all over planet Earth, and throughout whatever history has not offended the exploiters of human resources across the same domain. You could start another thread and call it "Where did the Jews come from, and how did that affect so much influence on mankind?", or "How did Christianity emerge to achieve the moral impact that created the Present out of Roman Debauchery", or even "Why Has Mankind Cast God Behind His Back?"

1 - Atlantis is said to have been a physical place. Finding that place, geological evidence of where such a place was, or artifacts from that place is the best evidence. That is it. Some historical figure provided a 2nd or 3rd hand account isn't best evidence of a physical place.

2 - The existence of a religion isn't proof of a religion's history of teachings. Scientology exists but that doesn't put the onus on me or any other non Scientology follower to disprove anything. Mormons exist and have tens of millions of followers all over the world. That doesn't mean the onus is on me to prove Joseph Smith didn't speak to a golden salamander and that Jesus didn't come to North America. Many realigions have made up origins. The existence of a religion doesn't prove a religions teachings.

#827 Pymander

Pymander

Baryon

• Senior Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:48 PM

"1 - Atlantis is said to have been a physical place. Finding that place, geological evidence of where such a place was, or artifacts from that place is the best evidence. That is it. Some historical figure provided a 2nd or 3rd hand account isn't best evidence of a physical place.

"2 - The existence of a religion isn't proof of a religion's history of teachings. Scientology exists but that doesn't put the onus on me or any other non Scientology follower to disprove anything. Mormons exist and have tens of millions of followers all over the world. That doesn't mean the onus is on me to prove Joseph Smith didn't speak to a golden salamander and that Jesus didn't come to North America. Many realigions have made up origins. The existence of a religion doesn't prove a religions teachings."

I can satisfy your requirement, but I doubt you really have an interest of settling the question of Atlantis in the affirmative. As for the Book of Mormon, and the claims made concerning Jose Smith, I have read the entire book. It bears no resemblance on many levels to the Bible, except for the practically verbatim plagiarism of the Sermon on the Mount from Matthew's account, and a few other direct one liners likewise. Most of it sounds like Billy Graham soap boxing on Lysergic Acid Diethylamide transcribed from tape. Mormon and Nephi are purported to have become perfected, while Jesus right and left hand (Moses and Elija) are the Bible's closest contenders for such honours. Then the division of the book is fairly random, while the Bible is organised as HISTORY, LITERARY, PROPHECY, GOSPELS and EPISTLES, culminating in the REVELATION of John the Beloved disciple. This last book reveals mysteries using as symbolism a great deal of preceding text, which is thus a prerequisite. Edgar Cayce produced 22 psychic discourses on its interpretation which requires a knowledge of the endocrine system of the human body and more to comprehend.

Is it clear yet that knowledge may have sources yet to be accepted by Aristotlian Science? If you are prepared to concede validity, I will present your requirement concerning Atlantis and more.

Edited by Pymander, 23 April 2017 - 02:55 PM.

#828 Ten oz

Ten oz

Primate

• Senior Members
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:10 PM

I can satisfy your requirement, but I doubt you really have an interest of settling the question of Atlantis in the affirmative. As for the Book of Mormon, and the claims made concerning Jose Smith, I have read the entire book. It bears no resemblance on many levels to the Bible, except for the practically verbatim plagiarism of the Sermon on the Mount from Matthew's account, and a few other direct one liners likewise. Most of it sounds like Billy Graham soap boxing on Lysergic Acid Diethylamide transcribed from tape. Mormon and Nephi are purported to have become perfected, while Jesus right and left hand (Moses and Elija) are the Bible's closest contenders for such honours. Then the division of the book is fairly random, while the Bible is organised as HISTORY, LITERARY, PROPHECY, GOSPELS and EPISTLES, culminating in the REVELATION of John the Beloved disciple. This last book reveals mysteries using as symbolism a great deal of preceding text, which is thus a prerequisite. Edgar Cayce produced 22 psychic discourses on its interpretation which requires a knowledge of the endocrine system of the human body and more to comprehend.

Is it clear yet that knowledge may have sources yet to be accepted by Aristotlian Science? If you are prepared to concede validity, I will present your requirement concerning Atlantis and more.

There have been many islands and land bridges lost to time. The stories of Atlantis absolutely can be based on a real place. Just as there have been many preachers who have claimed to be sent by god. Jesus absolutely could have been a real person. However, what could have been isn't what is being discussed. This thread is asking for specific proof that Jesus was a flesh and blood human. I am not asking is Jesus was sent by god, was god in human form, if Christianity is correct, or etc.

You are correct that I don't care about Atlantis. That isn't what with thread is about. Start an Atlantis thread and I promise I'll post in it. My point about Atlintis relates to the way history is proved. What evidence is required to prove different place, people, or events existed. The bible is not contemporary to Jesus. None of the gospels were written by people who met a Human who was Jesus. The Gospels are second hand (at best) accounts.

#829 Pymander

Pymander

Baryon

• Senior Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:35 PM

Then proof to you and I are not the same thing. It must retreat into Boolean logic and mathematics, to be applied to software, number crunching and deductions from axioms or hypotheses of science. Real world entities are beyond such proof, as we only deal with abstractions and generalisations concerning composite entities, where other attributes must coexist. Everyone's world view, then is a personal collage of various colours, and ghostly shapes dependent on their conscious material life experience. Black and white do not exist.

Edited by Pymander, 23 April 2017 - 06:40 PM.

#830 Ten oz

Ten oz

Primate

• Senior Members
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:07 PM

Then proof to you and I are not the same thing. It must retreat into Boolean logic and mathematics, to be applied to software, number crunching and deductions from axioms or hypotheses of science. Real world entities are beyond such proof, as we only deal with abstractions and generalisations concerning composite entities, where other attributes must coexist. Everyone's world view, then is a personal collage of various colours, and ghostly shapes dependent on their conscious material life experience. Black and white do not exist.

There is absolutely contemporary evidence available for many historical figures. To imply otherwise simply isn't true. Asking for contemporary writings or artifacts from the time Jesus is said to have lived is not a tall order. Such evidence exists for individuals who came long before Jesus. You have been referencing the work of Plato for example. Plato was something like 500yrs before the time Jesus is said to have lived. Plato wrote things, his contemporaries wrote about him in real time, art was made in real time of him, and etc, etc, etc. 

#831 Raider5678

Raider5678

Protist

• Senior Members
  • 887 posts
  • LocationPennslyvania

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:22 PM

There is absolutely contemporary evidence available for many historical figures. To imply otherwise simply isn't true. Asking for contemporary writings or artifacts from the time Jesus is said to have lived is not a tall order. Such evidence exists for individuals who came long before Jesus. You have been referencing the work of Plato for example. Plato was something like 500yrs before the time Jesus is said to have lived. Plato wrote things, his contemporaries wrote about him in real time, art was made in real time of him, and etc, etc, etc. 

Yes, but at the time Jesus wasn't as famous as Plato.

Take for example a king that rose to power.

We have records of his life, but not his childhood.

Jesus wasn't famous until a long time after his death.

Also, I found this article.

Written by an Atheist, so now you can't call out biased.

http://strangenotion...us-part-1-of-2/

"My good sir,

I feel the need to inform you that your argument has reached rock bottom and has proceeded to dig.

Good day."

#832 Ten oz

Ten oz

Primate

• Senior Members
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:59 PM

Yes, but at the time Jesus wasn't as famous as Plato.

Take for example a king that rose to power.

We have records of his life, but not his childhood.

Jesus wasn't famous until a long time after his death.

Also, I found this article.

Written by an Atheist, so now you can't call out biased.

http://strangenotion...us-part-1-of-2/

I used Plato as an example because Pymander has referenced Plato. Obviously famous people are easier to verify. However there are many nonfamous people through history we have contemporary evidence for in the form of grave sites, things they wrote, and etc. We just don't spend time on school learning every name which has been unearthed archaeology. Museumsare full of artifacts which prove the existence of average everyday people from thousands of years back.

If I say there is not any contemporary evidence and then someone points out that Jesus wasn't famous at the time of his death that doesn't change the fact that we have no contemporary evidence. Explaining reasons wahy no contemporary evidence is available doesn't change the fact that none is available. Jesus had followers and a message. Had Jesus ever written anything, even a letter to a friend, it isn't inconceivable his followers would have kept it. Jesus was important enough to enough people it isn't unreasonable to imagine someone would want to have kept something of his or write his name on something. The Holy grail, for example, would be contemporary evidence if it existed. If the gospels bother to say where the grave Jesus was initial buried in that potentially could be evidence if found. You are right that Jesus wasn't famous as Plato but that doesn't mean we should just assume there would be nothing. After all he was important enough that word of his existence (if he existed) spread and stayed alive until decades later to be written about in the gospels. Form those decades we are to accept no one literate bothered to write anything? I don't mean to imply that there should be contemporary evidence. Rather I am saying it is well within possibility.

#833 Raider5678

Raider5678

Protist

• Senior Members
  • 887 posts
  • LocationPennslyvania

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:05 PM

I used Plato as an example because Pymander has referenced Plato. Obviously famous people are easier to verify. However there are many nonfamous people through history we have contemporary evidence for in the form of grave sites, things they wrote, and etc. We just don't spend time on school learning every name which has been unearthed archaeology. Museumsare full of artifacts which prove the existence of average everyday people from thousands of years back.

If I say there is not any contemporary evidence and then someone points out that Jesus wasn't famous at the time of his death that doesn't change the fact that we have no contemporary evidence. Explaining reasons wahy no contemporary evidence is available doesn't change the fact that none is available. Jesus had followers and a message. Had Jesus ever written anything, even a letter to a friend, it isn't inconceivable his followers would have kept it. Jesus was important enough to enough people it isn't unreasonable to imagine someone would want to have kept something of his or write his name on something. The Holy grail, for example, would be contemporary evidence if it existed. If the gospels bother to say where the grave Jesus was initial buried in that potentially could be evidence if found. You are right that Jesus wasn't famous as Plato but that doesn't mean we should just assume there would be nothing. After all he was important enough that word of his existence (if he existed) spread and stayed alive until decades later to be written about in the gospels. Form those decades we are to accept no one literate bothered to write anything? I don't mean to imply that there should be contemporary evidence. Rather I am saying it is well within possibility.

http://www.independe...k-a7384206.html

?

"My good sir,

I feel the need to inform you that your argument has reached rock bottom and has proceeded to dig.

Good day."

#834 Pymander

Pymander

Baryon

• Senior Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:43 AM

Here's what constitutes proof to me. Curious about the effects of political self interest and influence that divides national philosophies toward murder and mayhem, I decided to determine the most ancient belief system known...ancient Egyptian. A comprehensive study of E.A. Wallace-Budge works revealed no knowledge of the Great Pyramid or Sphinx, besides some maintenance, and a vague reference in Chapter LXIV of "The Book of the Dead". Zeroing this I found information about world wide unattributed artefacts. One such book, "The Pyramid Odyssey" by William Fix spoke of "The Sleeping Prophet" and Mark Leyner's "The Egyptian Heritage" based on the Edgar Cayce readings. That book was to me the first "evidence" of the actual existence of Jesus Christ, the reality of the Bible as the Word and Work of God, and the influence of the Christ soul from time immemorial as the embodiment of legendary Osiris and God of the Dead (incarnates evolving through the zodiacal influences of astrology and His Shepherd (the meaning of Pymander)). Like Woodrow Wilson I have come to believe that "No man (Cayce) is that good a liar" and that the Bible is true on the correctly elucidated levels of significance, through cross correlation. On the flipside, it is not the purpose of God to force mankind into the fold, being a power that would terrify those who yet cannot escape wickedness through soul-evolutionary infancy or wilful retardation. So, not only are artifacts of Jesus removed from the earth, but another such, Moses, is cited in Jude, and Elijah (Elias NT) ascended in a chariot of fire, to return as John the Baptist. Enoch, seventh from Adan, was not for God took him and returns as Melchizedek (Melchisedec NT, Hermes, the Christ) to simpliy accomplished the establishment of the Essenes by manifesting from the perfected state as recorded in Hebrews, before dropping the veil and beginning a series of lives, and establishing religions, during this, the fourth age marked by the Mystery of the Ages, the Sphinx. This material, far flung as it is, is too internally consistent to my mind to be fabrication.

Edited by Pymander, 24 April 2017 - 04:58 AM.

#835 John Cuthber

John Cuthber

Chemistry Expert

• Resident Experts
  • 13,660 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:04 AM

Here's what constitutes proof to me. ... One such book, "The Pyramid Odyssey" by William Fix spoke of "The Sleeping Prophet" and Mark Leyner's "The Egyptian Heritage" based on the Edgar Cayce readings. That book was to me the first "evidence" of the actual existence of Jesus Christ, the reality of the Bible as the Word and Work of God, ,,,

Do you realise that you are saying the writings, based on the word of someone who is a suspect fraud, are the best evidence you can come up with?

Do you see why we won't accept them as evidence?

#836 Ten oz

Ten oz

Primate

• Senior Members
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:58 AM

"While it is archaeologically impossible to say that the tomb recently uncovered in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre is the burial site of an individual Jew known as Jesus of Nazareth, there is indirect evidence to suggest that the identification of the site by representatives of the Roman emperor Constantine some 300 years later may be a reasonable one.

The earliest accounts of Jesus' burial come from the Canonical Gospels, the first four books of the New Testament, which are believed to have been composed decades after Christ's crucifixion around A.D. 30. While there are variations in the details, the accounts consistently describe how Christ was buried in a rock-cut tomb belonging to Joseph of Arimathea, a wealthy Jewish follower of Jesus.

Archaeologists have identified more than a thousand such rock-cut tombs in the area around Jerusalem, says archaeologist and National Geographic grantee Jodi Magness. Each one of these family tombs consisted of one or more burial chambers with long niches cut into the sides of the rock to accommodate individual bodies."

http://news.national...holy-sepulchre/

Researchers haven't been provided full access to investigate the site. If the site is verified it would be terrific evidence. However, it currently isn't verified. The site hasn't even been dated. I am sure you are aware most of the Church was built some 300yrs after the time Jesus is said to have lived by Constantine. Additionally it isn't the only site thought to be the possible burial site. There is also "The Garden Tomb".

https://en.wikipedia...The_Garden_Tomb

#837 Pymander

Pymander

Baryon

• Senior Members
  • 148 posts

Posted Today, 05:13 AM

John Cuthber, you could be discrediting the work of a scientist who has possibly cracked physics unawares, but for the knowledge of antimatter, with the knowledge of its completion in short order after his death forced underground. One scientist recently said "You know science is in crisis when they start taking about decomposing dark matter." Hubble learned from Einstein that the universe was expanding. Do you not think Einstein would have concocted such an hypothesis if it were feasible. On the flip side, finance now controls everything down to the education and opinions of the herd by every means possible. For the exact same reasons, politicians are not the only ones telling lies and grasping for a piece of the action. Einstein was a conspiracy theorist. Thomas Jefferson was a conspiracy theorist. We are encouraged to bleat "conspiracy theorist" because it's insanity? Its plain common sense.

Edited by Pymander, Today, 05:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users