A little help starting out.

Stein

Greetings,

I was hoping to find some help with a question that I have. I'm an amateur writter and I'm currently developing a short story based on time travel. To that end I was hopingt o find some advice on a specific area. I'm looking for a method to explain how the "machine" could target a specific point in time. My own thoughts led me to the idea of finding something that exists as a constant in the universe but is always changing (that's the only way I can think to explain it).

So not being that scientifically minded, I thought I'd seek help here. If anyone has ideas or thoughts they could point me to I'd be greatful.

Thank you.

I guess he wants to know about "how" he can achieve time travel, by what means. At least that’s how I understood. If that was the question you want to travel in the future or to the past?

www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/time_travel/esp_ciencia_timetravel25.htm

http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/everyday-myths/time-travel.htm

Read those stuffs. There are various ways to achieve time travel (all imaginary or in theoretically of course). Wormholes, black holes, cosmic strings are the things you need to know about.

If you would develope a machine for time travel, it should travel faster than light because the theory goes like this. If you could travel faster than light, time slows down. Wormholes and blackholes allows instance travels. Read more on the website and create some ideas. If you have more doubts, people here will be glad to help you out.

I guess he wants to know about "how" he can achieve time travel, by what means. At least thats how I understood. ...

:doh: What we have here is a failure to read with comprehension as with fivwalds. Go back & read what Stein said explicitly:

...To that end I was hoping to find some advice on a specific area. I'm looking for a method to explain how the "machine" could target a specific point in time. ...

His machine is the how & there's no need to guess want he wants.

To my earlier reply I would only add facetiously that a calendar can target a specific point in time. :lol:

What we have here is a failure to read with comprehension as with fivwalds. Go back & read what Stein said explicitly:

Stein said

All three have been done in movies/tv shows already using machines.

Tera Nova, Quantum Rift and Star Trek

Honestly I have no idea why I was -1 at all.

Edited by fiveworlds

• 3 weeks later...

well I dont know much but gona tell you what I know.You can travel in future by traveling close to speed of light so your time is going slower than somebody that isn traveling at all and you will age more slower,or you can be close to intense gravitacion feald exp.black hole in black hole time slows down to pointh that there is no time but if you sircle around the hole but dont get suck in time will again be slower to you then someone that stay on earth ;) .And about the specific time in future you can callculite by using simple math :)

P.S. sorry about my english :unsure: dont know to spell.

Edited by Amateur_sientest