Idea for a graphic novel I'm considering

PKK

Hello

So this is my first post here.

I'm not the most scientifically literate person, (I've only done IB Physics HL, and that too I scored a 4).

I have an idea that I'm trying to write a book around.

THIS WILL CLEARLY BE PRESENTED AS A WORK OF FICTION, AND WILL NO WAY MAKE PSEUDOSCIENTIFIC CLAIMS TO BACK UP ANY RELIGIONS ETC.

Basically, I'm considering writing a work of fiction basically inspired by Hairy Ball theorem and the Hairy Doughnut theorem. Essentially, they will be used as "symbols" in the artwork to represent daoism-inspired concepts of balance, flow and resistance. AND I will also explore the concepts of "chakras" with them. (and possibly even astrology and 'electric universe' stuff). I will be dabbling with a lot of pseudo science here, and I don't want to do it in the wrong and annoying way. BTW, the final product will be a lot in the lines of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

However, I haven't studied this stuff at all. I'm pretty much going by the MinutePhysics video right now. I do plan to study this if needed, however long it takes.

Do you think there is enough in there to worth considering? Or am I taking a scientific phenomenon out of context in an ignorant and annoying way?

If any of what I am saying sounds to you like people quoting Newton on the whole "equal and opposite reaction" thing to explain Karma and Jesus, I'm out. I don't wanna do it.

So basically, what is the opinion of some scientifically literate person on this whole thing?

BTW, Graphic novel is probably not what I'm gonna go with, more of a web-comic series... don't know how to edit the title.

actually, i don't know where i was going with it.

mods, pls delete.

this post and my account.

Edited by PKK

As long as you are basing it largely on pseudoscience, I see no point in trying to justify anything with actual science. Once disbelief is suspended, kick that hairy ball with gusto. :lol:

@ acme,

He asked Mods to delete the thread and his account, but I agree some of the best fiction is not reality based.

The last few movies I've seem Godzilla, Transformers, and Planet of the apes are all examples.