I have a 2 stroke engine, what can i do with it?

Elite Engineer

I have an old leaf blower with a 25cc 2 stroke engine. The plastic casing cracked making the leaf blower useless, but I took the out the engine and it is perfect condition.

-Any ideas on what I could do it (besides sell it)? I don't have ALOT of tools so I can't mount it on a bike but that would be hella sweet though.

-Thanks

~EE

- Keep as much of the leaf blower as possible, assemble some refractory bricks, put coal, you have a forge or an iron smelter.

- Aerate water basins, produce trouts.

- Build a model aeroplane or boat.

- Propel a pirogue.

- Couple a water pump, fight floods.

I suppose Acme meant: lack of electricity in your house.

you mean if the alternator can't be used?

No; I mean get a working alternator at the junk yard. One that is not in use in any car that you then connect to your motor with belt & pulleys. You will also want the voltage regulator from a car and a 12V battery. Now when you have no other power, whether out in the wilds or power goes out at home as Enthalpy mentioned, you will have a generator & storage system run by your motor. Add an inverter and you can power 120AC devices from the battery.

Run the engine at three o'clock in the morning and annoy the neighbours.

(You didn't ask for useful things you could do with it)

For this application I recommend removal of the muffler. :P

Use Gaffer or Duct tape to repair the cracked plastic blower housing. I believe such tape has been used to repair just about anything, often rendering the item better and stronger than before! I understand it's even been used to maintain human life aboard a space capsule.

@ OP,

I don't have ALOT of tools so I can't mount it on a bike but that would be hella sweet though.

A variation of this would be building a push trailer (like video below). Then anyone could use it on their bike.

I recently bought a pump to water my grass from the canal so I might've tried building a pump (not really), but the idea is fun.

I'd go push trailer.... If you cannot borrow tools... hmmm.

A Jigsaw is better than a Skillsaw (not always obviously) because it can cut straight or curved, but it takes longer. I'd try to get a Jigsaw, and a drill (power screwdriver type). With those two tools you can build many things.