Posting Rules

I'm not clear on a lot of the rules. Is there a rule 2.5 about posting theories? I came to this site to have peers approach my speculations from different perspectives and knowledge bases. If this isn't the place for that is there some other place i should post? and is there a rule about posting the same thread in different categories because i want philosophers, geneticist, and biologist to offer opinions so i posted in all three forums. Is that ok?

It depends on what you mean by a theory. If you have some wild speculation with nothing to back it up, then we don't really want to hear it. If you have some speculation built on perviously established science and some evidence that points towards support of your idea then please post it. As a new idea there may not be lots of hard evidence, this is always the case with new ideas, but still we want there to have been some scientific thought put into it.

Generally you should have one thread per subject and multiple threads are deleated. Pick the best place for your thread as best you can.

and is there a rule about posting the same thread in different categories because i want philosophers, geneticist, and biologist to offer opinions so i posted in all three forums. Is that ok?

This sounds like a good idea, but experience has shown us that it just confuses people having to move between threads to pick up the discussion.

Ok thank you very much.

How do i move my thread into the speculation forum?

You can report your own topic using the Report link at the bottom of a post and ask the moderators to move it for you.

Which was done, and thus it was moved. I love it when a plan comes together...