Difference between difference down to 1.

sunshaker

You're right; hard to see. :blink: As I earlier said, I'm doubtful these mappings 'mean' anything. Hiking the garden path is fun, but know when to turn around and head back. :lol:

Did you model the set of not polygonal numbers in post #22? Your post #23 is empty. :unsure:

You may be right, But i'm seeing patterns everywhere, Its hard knowing where to start or to finish, To me numbers have come "alive", They seem like living breathing entities, Growing as we grow with them. So many possibilities seem to have opened up for me to explore. I may not have the math but sometimes new things come from new ways of looking. Most will mean nothing but now and again I "may" find a gem, And I am in no rush, So much to explore :) .

Not polygonal numbers, Looks like Wythoff numbers.

post-79233-0-93187800-1404581572_thumb.png

They are also in here with the rest of poly's

https://alphaomegadotme.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/triangular-numbers-automata.xls

You may be right, But i'm seeing patterns everywhere, Its hard knowing where to start or to finish, To me numbers have come "alive", They seem like living breathing entities, Growing as we grow with them. So many possibilities seem to have opened up for me to explore. I may not have the math but sometimes new things come from new ways of looking. Most will mean nothing but now and again I "may" find a gem, And I am in no rush, So much to explore :) .

:lol: As long as you let someone know where you are going so that when you don't return on schedule they will know where to look for you. Most of these unexplored regions do not get cell phone reception. :D

Not polygonal numbers, Looks like Wythoff numbers.

attachicon.gifnot the birdy.png

Well, sorta like lower Wythoff insomuch as the large purple triangles go. But both Wythoff sets go to all purple and yellow on the 3rd iteration and non-polys don't go all purple & yellow until the 8th iteration.

For some reason the hailstone numbers are incomplete/uncolored in that file. ?? I haven't figured out how to zoom in to read the values. :doh:

@ Acme, not letting me quote, I use free microsoft excel viewer, It as zoom. in bottom right hand corner, I think this is a free link http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10,

Normal pics in post I open in new tab, then enlarge.

Unsure about hailstone numbers, Most are in the hundreds, And I have not enough colours :)

P.S I through my cell phone away 10 years back, Which I am glad of now as I see cell phones dragging their mindless slaves around the streets.

Edited by sunshaker

@ Acme, not letting me quote, I use free microsoft excel viewer, It as zoom. in bottom right hand corner, I think this is a free link http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10,

Normal pics in post I open in new tab, then enlarge.

Unsure about hailstone numbers, Most are in the hundreds, And I have not enough colours :)

OK Found the zoom. Still, there are a bunch of numbers within your color range that are uncolored in the lower 'half' of the plot.

PS I through threw my cell phone away 10 years back, Which I am glad of now as I see cell phones dragging their mindless slaves around the streets.

A garden path is as a garden path does, or... a mindless slave is as a mindless slave does, if you prefer. [if you are not aware of the idiom "led down the garden path", see here. >> garden path