keyboard

ydoaPs

the push buttons on a keyboard just clip into place and can easily be taken off and put back on again.

I once saw the whole of the number pad had been taken off and the numbers placed back in the wrong order, 1 being in the top left (like a phone), which confused my friend when he was typing numerical data, it was funny to begin with... pressing a button labeled 7 and getting a 1 on screen is a bit confusing when you dont expect it!

I hate to sound like a sensible person

I like to sound sensible, what's the point in talking crap?

As to the actual advice you gave!... I dont think you'd get very far in this case, although often referring to the manual is a good idea which is often overlooked.

And I do agree with Phospholipid that space bars can be annoying because they have some metal clip thing which is hard to replace once removed.

I like to sound sensible' date=' what's the point in talking crap?

As to the actual advice you gave!... I dont think you'd get very far in this case, although often referring to the manual is a good idea which is often overlooked.

And I do agree with Phospholipid that space bars can be annoying because they have some metal clip thing which is hard to replace once removed.[/quote']

I was taking the Micheal out of myself.

I took all my keys off when I rearranged the board from QWERTY to DVORAK.

Unscrew the thing and take it apart. You can then push the key(s) off from the back. Then put everything in the dishwasher (sans the circuit board; take that off first)

Once it's clean, pop the key(s) back in, put everything back together, and viola.

I remember seeing a discussion on Slashdot about using alcohol for cleaning. The general consensus was to let it dry completely first do to some reactions that might take place and stuff.

Plus the isopropyl alcohol you get at the drug store is mostly water anyway, and water can conduct electricity.