Should a Corporation have Rights as a Person

EdEarl

It seems wrong for a corporation (I may partly own as stock) has more political power than I have, and is directed to use that power by a CEO, who probably does not share my needs, agendas, and beliefs.

Corporations are multinational. They have interests in nurmerous countries and anyone including criminals, foriegn governments, enemies of the state, and etc may be shareholders. Corporation personhood is not just bad but it's dangerous. The federalist society is the most partisan and destructive political action group in this country (USA) and sadly most are not aware they exist.

I will believe in corporate personhood when one lays down its life for its friends, when a corporations laughs or cries, when there is true criminal and civil liability... damn it - it would be a start if they paid the same rate of tax as me.

Corporations should NOT be considered as people because people set them up to limit "people" liability. Corporate personhood gives corporations all the limits on liability PLUS all the power granted to an individual citizen. Pay low taxes as a corp, donate to politicians as a person, gain subsidies as a corp, fight regulation as a person, skim the cream, avoid the dregs. Best of all worlds.

Technically, if a corporation is a person, that corporation can expect to have its religious beliefs protected under the Constitution. I think this is where they're all moving to, so they can also become religions and stop paying taxes altogether.